Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sailing Girl

The Extent Of This Is Mind-boggling ...

I'd love to get the name of the speaker/researcher that your doc saw. I was looking around to see if I could find him, and found this about celiac and thyroid disease:

<a href="http://www.gluten.net/downloads/print/celiac disease%20and%20Thyroid%20Conditions.pdf" target="external nofollow">http://www.gluten.net/downloads/print/celiac disease%2...0Conditions.pdf</a>

Kate

Kate....I have an appointment with her on the day after Christmas and I will ask her the name of the physician who gave the talk. This is not mainstream medicine, obviously, because he wouldn't have been so knowledgeable about it. These are doctor's who have bucked the traditional route and have done their own research and actually listened to their patients. I'll post when I have more information.

Oh I see it everywhere too. My BIL has MS, and I can't help but wonder if a gluten-free diet would help him. My mother suffers from the same fatigue and allergies I do. My MIL has IBS. FIL has GERD and a myrid of health problems. Both inlaws briefly went on low-carb diets and looked and felt great, but didn't make the connection. My DH has GERD also, and IBS like symptoms, though not diagnosed. Because of my new diet, his diet is now essentially gluten-lite, and I've noticed his reflux is a lot better. I'm hoping to convince him to try the diet for 2 weeks.

I'm too new to this to suggest it to other people besides my husband. But eventually, I want to. I'm waiting to feel better so I can be a good example of how gluten-free can help.

There is a link between a lot of neuro "mental' disorders and gluten. Try putting celiac and neurological manifestations in a search engine. There has been stuff with links posted here and there is quite a bit on the net.

You know, I would get really bad panic attacks while driving. Since I've gone gluten free, it's been a while since I've had one. The real test would be driving on the highway - that's where I'd get the worst attacks. I've got to plan a road trip somewhere . . .