Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Sjogrens?

Does anyone here have sjogrens syndrome.............especially a male. What are your symptoms? Male or female? How were you diagnosed?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

my mom has sjogrens! If you read Dr. Greens book it talks about it. BUT she was having spine issues and they said you have sjogrins...that's the excitement there...

She has cronic dry eye, mouth and skin. She also suffers from arthritis that is very similar to rhumatiod. She also gets cronic fatigue.

There is a huge support group in the san diego area for it...try googleing support groups and posting there!

That's all I got for you....hope this helped.

all my life i have had an oat allergy.

gluten-free 5/2005.

active yeast free since... don't remember.

refined sugar free 5/2010.

Does anyone here have sjogrens syndrome.............especially a male. What are your symptoms? Male or female? How were you diagnosed?

I'm a female with Sjogren's and you get diagnosed through a blood test that looks for elevated antibodies.

I believe it's called SS-A and SS-B. I knew I had it before the doctor did the blood work because of my symptoms. These include: extreme dry eye and mouth, inability to swallow gluten-free bread without drinking water to wash it down....you can literally choke on food if you're not careful. I also have severe mold allergies, which affect my eyes and, if exposed to humidity, will become brick red and inflamed within minutes. Restasis eyedrops, which are a Rx, helped alleviate that problem in a big way. Tooth problems such as decay can be a huge issue because you do not have the natural protection that abundant saliva gives......saliva contains antibacterials which help to protect your teeth against decay. I see my dentist every 3 months for extreme cleanings and floss and brush like a maniac so I have everything under control.

Sjogren's can also cause dryness of the lungs and other body organs so some can have infections and pneumonia that seem to recur often. All in all, not fun but you can bring things under control with the right treatments and good dental hygiene!