Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beacon60

Watch Out For Omelets

Someone had told me recently that many restaurants add flour to their omelets to make them more fluffy. Sure enough, recently my husband and I stopped at a IHOP for breakfast. They have a little line at the bottom of their omelet list that says that they add a little of their pancake batter to their omelets. I asked for an omelet without the batter. The waitress asked "You mean eggs in the shell?" I ordered my omelet with "eggs in the shell" and it was great (and didn't have shell). It looked just as fluffy as the one that my husband had.

Now I ask everywhere I go for breakfast if they add flour to their omelets. Mary

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for the warning! I think it's ridiculous that they do that!!! Who needs flour in their eggs?! :unsure::lol:

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

yeah, i saw that at ihop too. they're pretty cool about accomodating gluten-free diet though :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

I know that some places add the batter, which is scary. I know Perkins does not, and I have asked every time I eat there.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Isn't is amazing that companies pay money to buy unnecessary ingredients to add to a product which then eliminates hundreds of thousands of what would have been paying customers?

It's just incredible how they don't get it that they could save money by not adding that stuff and make money by attracting more customers!

Sheesh.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)