Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For a while now i have noticed that my legs are looking skinny. I havent lost any weight recently, but it looks like they arent as muscular. They also feel tired and weak. What the heck is going on here. I never really looked at my legs, but my wife noticed it and mentioned they looked really skinny (Chicken Legs). My worry isnt the fact that they are thin, but they feel weak off and on. Any thoughts?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That was really a major issue for me before being diagnosed. So much so that for a few days I couldnt walk at all and most of the time had to use a cane. Didnt have the energy to drive either. In the course of being tested I found out that I lost a lot of various hormones and my testosterone level was .01 -- almost nil. Had 3 shots then patches which helped some but it was not until they figured out the celiac and I went totally gluten-free that I started to recover. I've always been big, 6'3" 200+lbs but with small hands. At my worst, my hands went around my thighs where the fingers touched. Three years later there's 5 inches of between them. Amazing difference. Seeing my legs at my worst was one of the scariest things of the whole period.

Anyway I would get your hormone levels checked, can't hurt.

good luck

Ken

For a while now i have noticed that my legs are looking skinny. I havent lost any weight recently, but it looks like they arent as muscular. They also feel tired and weak. What the heck is going on here. I never really looked at my legs, but my wife noticed it and mentioned they looked really skinny (Chicken Legs). My worry isnt the fact that they are thin, but they feel weak off and on. Any thoughts?

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I ran across thigh wasting as a symptom in a search I did for something else - can't remember what it was related to, sorry. You should probably get it checked out by your doctor since you are feeling weakness.