Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crittermom

Tests Negative...upper Gi Scheduled

Well Michael's celiac panel came back negative. His sed rate was elevated which was probably his cold, and his hemoglobins are down. They have mailed a card for fecal collection to look for blood in his stool. If that is negative we will assume it is iron levels. He has an Upper GI scheduled for tomorrow in radiology at 7:45 am. We will see how that turns out. I am sure it will be normal as I don't believe there is anything wrong with his digestive track. I will post with the results.

I think after this we are going gluten free and do a food trial.

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would definately recommend that. All my tests came back negative; however, I had been going to Dr's for years trying to find out what was wrong....When I went on gluten-free diet, not only stomache pains and digestive problems disappeared, but also my migraines (I was getting them 1-2 times per week) and unexplained seizures I had been getting for a couple of years (they had gotten bad enough to be 2-3 times per month). It all disappeared within a month. Every once in a while I will think, maybe I was wrong my test came back negative. I have never been diagnosed....Then immediately digestive problems, head aches, and once when I ate alot a migraine occurred again. It is worth a try!

Update...

The Upper GI went smoothly. My little guy is such a brave little trooper! He didn't cry at all! The first doctor said that everything looked normal thus far. We had to wait an hour because the GI wanted to take a look at the small bowel. The doctor said they got a good picture for this but didn't expand on what he saw. I am hoping to hear from the GI tomorrow or Friday. As always, will post an update. Thanks for taking the time to read about my Michael!

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Hello

I really only know your story from this one thread, but as the mother of a 2 1/2 yr old, I want to send you my support and thoughts! I can only imagine what that must be like for you and especially him. I hope that gives you the answer you are looking for so you can move on and focus on helping him get better!!!

I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Liz

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09