Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustMe75

Take Home Chef On Tlc

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is the description from their website:

Jan 29, 4:30 pm

Take Home Chef

Nicole N

TV-PG, CC

Curtis serves steamed orange roughy (an Australian fish) with noodles and stir-fry to a family with a plethora of dietary restrictions. For dessert, he's baked pears with maple syrup, dried fruit, and nuts.

LOOOOVE Curtis!!! My husband tells me I need to go to Whole Foods in the middle of the day so maybe one day I'll bring Curtis home with me!

Thanks, that is soo cool of him AND it sounds delicious!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

I've been telling my husband for a while now that I would love to contact him about making meals for those on a gluten-free diet. Lately he's been fulfilling alot of special requests not just catching people reandomly at the store.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

He actually did catch her randomly and she tried talking him out of it. She said her and her family have numerous food allergies and it would be difficult. He said he loves a challenge.

It was funny, he was gonna get yogurt and she said she can't have it cause its dairy. He didn't know it was!

I love watching this show. And I would love to bring Curtis home with me to cook :wub: I've wondered if he would ever cook for someone with celiac disease. I saw an episode where he cooked kosher. maybe one day he'll bump into a celiac

Gluten-Free since August 2005b]

oh curtis :D the show is even better if you look at it with the mindset that he's trying to pick up the women... :lol: true or not, it's hilarious

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.