Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
elmuyloco5

Whole Hog Cafe

Rate this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the sauces at the Whole Hog Cafe are safe to use? I called, but the manager wasn't available and I guess the girl who answered didn't know. I'm pretty sure the meats would be safe....it's meat after all, although I suppose they might use a spice or two that isn't safe.

Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Whole Hog (in Albuquerque) says their meat is gluten free and they have a list of sides that are too. Some of their sauces are gluten free, but not all of them. The location at Montgomery and Eubank has a list of which ones are safe. The sign posted in the restaurant says they do not have a dedicated kitchen, but the cooks can change their glove upon request. 

58 minutes ago, Angie2017 said:

Whole Hog (in Albuquerque) says their meat is gluten free and they have a list of sides that are too. Some of their sauces are gluten free, but not all of them. The location at Montgomery and Eubank has a list of which ones are safe. The sign posted in the restaurant says they do not have a dedicated kitchen, but the cooks can change their glove upon request. 

9 years ago, when this question was first asked, restaurants didn't have as good a handle on gluten-free as many do now.