Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

katifer

Does Yeast Bother You?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeasts do bother me too. I'm not sure it it's because of MSG or candida, but either way it doesn't matter in terms of diet.

The yeast being called "nutritional" is not the same as bread yeast. I avoid that too. IMO, "nutritional yeast" is nothing more than a way for manufacturers to add Free Glutamic Acid (MSG) to a product without the legal requirement of declaring it on the label. Check www.truthinlabeling.org for more about MSG and what symptoms you might expect.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I have an intense reaction to yeast. When I had the health crisis that lead me to a naturopathic doctor to have my candida-leaky gut-intolerances diagnosed it was actually caused because I'd added a ton of yogurt to my daily diet. The naturopath explained that since I'd had a systemic candida infection for so long my immune system had learned to react to all yeast and that I probably wouldn't be able to eat them ever again. I got some by accident a while ago (my husband forgot to read a label and I forgot to double check it) and my reaction was even more extreme than my gluten reaction. Its hard because alot of the gluten free products like breads and pizzas have yeast in them. You can always buy the mixes and leave out the yeast package when you mix it all up. I use baking soda instead and have had good results with pizza crust.

Pre-diagnosis misdiagnoses: endometriosis, migraines, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis

Diagnosed April 2006 with multiple food sensitivities (gluten, yeast, eggs, cow dairy, legumes, some nuts and veggies) and a systemic candida infection -no pre-diagnosis symptoms since!

I have an intense reaction to yeast. When I had the health crisis that lead me to a naturopathic doctor to have my candida-leaky gut-intolerances diagnosed it was actually caused because I'd added a ton of yogurt to my daily diet. The naturopath explained that since I'd had a systemic candida infection for so long my immune system had learned to react to all yeast and that I probably wouldn't be able to eat them ever again. I got some by accident a while ago (my husband forgot to read a label and I forgot to double check it) and my reaction was even more extreme than my gluten reaction. Its hard because alot of the gluten free products like breads and pizzas have yeast in them. You can always buy the mixes and leave out the yeast package when you mix it all up. I use baking soda instead and have had good results with pizza crust.

Yes I can't have any yeast or alcohol etc. etc. either. Same thing happens to me. Too much candida for too long. Recently I have been using barberry as well as pao de arco and garlic and of course probiotics to help counteract it. Seems to be helping a lot. That plus eating a more paleolithic diet. The ground up grains --especially the ones that have been bleached etc.--turn to sugar qucikly and thus feed the yeast. Can't each much fruit either in one day.

The yeast allergy however makes it so I have to not take regular b vitamins. And yet I need them to help deal with the yeast and other issues like eating carbohydrates and proteins etc. etc.! And they have to be the really absorbable kind --not the usual ones derived from coal tar. So I finally found the co-enzyme B's and they are a godsend...

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

I'm also yeast-free because of candida.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07