This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Some Help

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

I don't know how many of u read my post from below about my discoveries, but I want to try help my Esophagitis (Candida of the esophagus) as much as I can on my own since i'm sure that erosion/damage has gotten worse after 9 months w/o treatment.

I did research online so I am trying to drink through a straw (which does make sense) and it is a lot easier to swallow when drinking that way.

I just need any other suggestions from anyone else w/Esophagitis b/c I can't follow the diet or I'd eat nothing at all. My total food avoidance list is already gluten, dairy, meat, vegggies, fats, spicy...I basically live on the rice bread/pasta and lettuce/cucumbers b/c that's now the only thing that helps me sort of maintain all 3 diets. But the Candida diet would add to that no rice/carbs, and to EAT meat. :(

I'm going home for a week so I think I may try find out how to meet w/a dietician (if we still have one at home). If i have to miss a day of school it will be for good reason, at least..

~ Lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

moldlady Rookie
I don't know how many of u read my post from below about my discoveries, but I want to try help my Esophagitis (Candida of the esophagus) as much as I can on my own since i'm sure that erosion/damage has gotten worse after 9 months w/o treatment.

I did research online so I am trying to drink through a straw (which does make sense) and it is a lot easier to swallow when drinking that way.

I just need any other suggestions from anyone else w/Esophagitis b/c I can't follow the diet or I'd eat nothing at all. My total food avoidance list is already gluten, dairy, meat, vegggies, fats, spicy...I basically live on the rice bread/pasta and lettuce/cucumbers b/c that's now the only thing that helps me sort of maintain all 3 diets. But the Candida diet would add to that no rice/carbs, and to EAT meat. :(

I'm going home for a week so I think I may try find out how to meet w/a dietician (if we still have one at home). If i have to miss a day of school it will be for good reason, at least..

~ Lisa ~

Lisa,

I'm a vegetarian with candida and celiac (self diagnosed) and detoxing heavy metals. I can have brown rice and be okay. Stick to the whole grain and the yeast will have a hard time getting to it with all the other stuff in there (fiber). I don't understand why you don't eat veggies? That makes no sense? Can't swallow? Blend them up. Have a baked potato with sugar free salsa. I also have gluten free whole wheat oats and tolerate them fine. I also have a lot of beans and cook them long and rinse them to get rid of the oligosaccharides that give us gas. I posted my recipes on this site for those interested. Eggs once and a great while that are fed flax seeds... omega 3. I had trouble with chicken eggs where they were fed corn!!! Terrible head spinning.

I hope this helps a bit.

ML

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa,

I'm a vegetarian with candida and celiac (self diagnosed) and detoxing heavy metals. I can have brown rice and be okay. Stick to the whole grain and the yeast will have a hard time getting to it with all the other stuff in there (fiber). I don't understand why you don't eat veggies? That makes no sense? Can't swallow? Blend them up. Have a baked potato with sugar free salsa. I also have gluten free whole wheat oats and tolerate them fine. I also have a lot of beans and cook them long and rinse them to get rid of the oligosaccharides that give us gas. I posted my recipes on this site for those interested. Eggs once and a great while that are fed flax seeds... omega 3. I had trouble with chicken eggs where they were fed corn!!! Terrible head spinning.

I hope this helps a bit.

ML

Veggies make me very sick, except as I mentioned lettuce and cucumbers. I'm on a Crohn's/IBD diet, if that helps to explain. I'm also on a gallbladder diet.

~ Lisa ~

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Lisa if you check out the 'other intolerances' there is a lot on candida. I would not advise you to try and cut out any more in your diet without consulting a dietian or nutritionist. You are very restricted as it is and your nutritional levels need to be kept up. Your present diet is very deficient if all you are eating is white carbs and the two veggies you listed. You should really think of consulting someone with a strong background in medicine and nutrition for some guidance, and then follow their reccomendations.

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa if you check out the 'other intolerances' there is a lot on candida. I would not advise you to try and cut out any more in your diet without consulting a dietian or nutritionist. You are very restricted as it is and your nutritional levels need to be kept up. Your present diet is very deficient if all you are eating is white carbs and the two veggies you listed. You should really think of consulting someone with a strong background in medicine and nutrition for some guidance, and then follow their reccomendations.

Yeah like i said when I go home i'm going to get a referral to a dietician. Because its just too much. In the last 3 weeks now theres only 2 days where I ate more than one meal, mostly i eat something light once a day like rice, and often its not even enough to call it a meal. Its crazy, but i just don't get hungry!! What i eat is just forcing myself because I know a person cant go without food.

~ Lisa ~

Archived