Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAK1031

Still Having Trouble

So I'm still not getting 100% better since going gluten-free last fall. My stomach is much better, but I'm still exhausted and achy, and I get relentless tingling and numbness in my feet, and they are always freezing cold. I think candida may be a problem. I took the questionnaire and got a 333, and anything over 180 means there is almost certainly a problem. I know there have been a lot of threads on the diet, but I just don't know if I can do it. I'm a little afraid to broach the subject with my family as I think they think I'm a hypochondriac. I just don't know if I can do the diet. My stomach gets really upset if I cut out carbodydrates, and I would have a really hard time giving up fruit. Plus I don't cook for myself (I'm 16 and live at home) and I'd hate to make my family restrict their cooking even more. I know there have been a billion threads on this, but I'm having trouble finding what I need. Is there another solution besides the diet? Is there a sort of halfway point where I can eliminate some things and get better? How do I bring it up with the family if I need meds?

Thanks!

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Candida is one possibility. Another is that you are casein intolerant and actually need to eliminate ALL dairy, and possibly soy as well.

You also may have Lyme disease.

Anyway, see if your doctor will test you for candida. If you are officially diagnosed with candida, then it won't be your choice to be on the candida diet, but an obvious medical necessity. Nobody would call you a hypochondriac then.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------