Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunny26

Blood From Ear

Yesterday I woke up to find a 4" spot of blood on my pillow that had leaked out from my left inner ear. I stuck my finger in the entrance and found dried blood. I then took cotton tips and sprayed hydrogen peroxide on the tips to clean my ear out and there was quite a mess in there. Can someone explain to me what cause this type of symptom? On self evaluation I know I take an aspirin or two a day and when I walk I tend stuff the earphones in my ear because of the sound I get. I would very much appreciate advice on this symptom.

Regards, Sunny

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

See your doctor ASAP. This could mean your eardrum has burst, or something even more serious.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

yep, when I was a kid, I had that happen. it was a burst ear drum, from an ear infection. but that should hurt, you say? the doc said the same thing, because the inside of my ear was very swollen, but it didn't hurt! it was just in bad shape.

doctor, tomorrow morning. from what I had learned, it's not quite ER worthy, but it's also not "oh, yes, I'll wait and take your appointment next week" worthy. you do not want to risk permanent hearing loss. (you don't turn those headphones up too loud, do you?)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

Sunny26,

Why are you taking 1-2 aspirin a day? Arthritis? Or, are you taking it as a prophilatic to prevent stroke? Even taking one or two aspirin if you do it everyday for a long time might have more blood thinning effect than you might realize. I used to take one adult aspirin a day and noticed that I was bruising easy. Since I was taking it as a prophilactic I cut it down to 1/4 tablet or 83 mg. daily, the recommended dosage for that purpose. Have you had your platelet count done recently?

Steve

Join eNewsletter

That happened to me too as a kid. It was a burst eardrum...oddly enough it did not hurt at all.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter