Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krebbecca

Croutons

I don't mind eating out every once in a while - at familiar restaurants where I've talked with the manager. However, traveling still makes me nervous. Last weekend we were traveling to see a hockey game and I had assumes we could grab dinner at the Outback Steakhouse right next to the hotel (Gluten-Free menu so that isn't scary). However, we were running late so we ended up heading downtown to the stadium and grabbing something at one of the many "bar and grilles." I knew it was going to be dangerous but I didn't have many options. I ordered a simple salad, no croutons, dressing on the side. I was grudgingly eating my way through the salad when I came across a very small crouton. Upon deeper inspection I found a total of six. The suprising part - I started crying.

How is it that a simple little crouton can reduce a grown adult to tears??? Please tell me I'm not the only one - because even my very supportive boyfriend simply didn't understand.

Rebbecca

IBS 2003

Anemia 2006

Blood Tests all Positive 4/25/07

Biopsy 5/9/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yup me too! B) Poor girl!

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Join eNewsletter

It is very frustrating and I don't cry but I sure do swear a lot to myself. I do eat out but I don't select where I eat based upon so-called gluten free menus, which seems like a oxymoron. I tend to pick restaurants based on the quality of the food and service, and then select foods that aren't too complex.

"The decisions we make dictate the life we live. To thine on self be true."

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter