Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Eat Right For Your Blood Type?

Has anyone tried this diet and did it seem like a lot of the foods you are supposed to eat arent possible because you are intolerant to them.........I am B- and it says i can eat grains and dairy, but i hve celiac and am Casein Intolerant (enterolab). It doesnt really make sense. Anyone else notice conflicting issues with this diet?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just looked at this book at the store yesterday. It said meat was neutral for me, but I had a reallly hard time digesting beef and pork. I haven't eaten them in 13 years and haven't had the same horrible symptoms. It seemed really accurate for my husband though

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Join eNewsletter

Has anyone tried this diet and did it seem like a lot of the foods you are supposed to eat arent possible because you are intolerant to them.........I am B- and it says i can eat grains and dairy, but i hve celiac and am Casein Intolerant (enterolab). It doesnt really make sense. Anyone else notice conflicting issues with this diet?

Hi,

Yes, I am very familiar with this diet. I am "O" blood and am also gluten sensitive and casein sensitive so the diet makes since to me. But, I was speaking with my naturopath who has done a lot of work with this sort of thing and has come to find out that the blood type diet only holds true to the "O" blood individuals. Interesting. I know he (The author of the book) has also written a new book about genotypes. It is even more confusing. I'm not supposed to eat apples on this new diet but am allowed to eat them on his original theory. I guess you have to go with what your blood work or tests, etc.. are telling you about your sensitivities.

Leslie

Join eNewsletter

I have used the diet as a guide. But all in all you have to avoid the foods that cause you problems. The thing about the blood type diet is that is probably what your body does good with in a perfect situation. Meaning that if we didn't have all these other factors involved such as leaky gut, candida, heavy metals, lyme disease - whatever the case may be. That can definately change the factors as to what we can digest at any given time.

Join eNewsletter

I know that most "experts" consider the diet complete bunk. Yes, you'll hear great success story, but when millions of people try something, it'll work for a certain percentage out of sheer coincidence.

richard

Join eNewsletter

I tried it 4 yrs ago. I am Type A and it says:

Type A types should basically stick to fruits and vegetables (high carbs / low fat). They have thicker blood than other blood types, a sensitive immune system, and should not consume dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are at a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.
Well, most of this is true, except, I can tolerate dairy. I did try to give it up and switched to soy. I even liked the 8th Continent Vanilla Soymilk, but, it wasn't long before I realized I was soy intolerant!!! So, I went back to my dairy, I have always preferred veggies, I do stay away from animal fats and eat very little meats.

This time I do agree with most of the experts, this diet is pretty much "bunk"!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter