Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarad1

Banana Bread

I made a loaf of the most delicious banana bread yesterday using Gluten Free Pantry's Muffin and Scone mix. I usually make it from scratch, but when I went to the store yesterday to get some gluten free flour, all they had were the mixes. I followed the recipe on the box for the muffins and added four mashed over ripe bananas and baked it at 350 until it was done all the way through. I actually didn't put all of it in the loaf pan, I reserved some to make a few muffins too.

It tastes just like the real thing, absolutely delicious! My step son couldn't get enough of it and actually, my husband hasn't been able to stay out of it either. Good stuff, just thought I'd pass it on. I have a picture that I will have to post later because it's on my other computer. Hopefully this will be useful for someone else!

Here is the photo of the bread, I have one piece left....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/sa...2006/bbread.jpg

Step son (the youngest boy in picture) diagnosed with Celiac December of 2006, family eats gluten free most of the time, but not always.

I believe my husband also has Celiac, but is too stubborn to be tested.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :P I love and miss banana bread. Thanks for sharing.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for posting this! I hate bananas but love banana bread - go figure. I will definitely try this out! :)

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the info...I've been craving banana bread! :)

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter