Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kritter

Cosmetics And Other Products With Gluten

Hello Everyone!

I've been hearing a lot about how cosmetics and other products that I use around my home might have gluten in them. Is there a good resource - like a book or anything- that anyone can recommend that will help me determine which products (lotions, soaps, make-up etc.) are safe to use and which ones aren't?

Kritter

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello Everyone!

I've been hearing a lot about how cosmetics and other products that I use around my home might have gluten in them. Is there a good resource - like a book or anything- that anyone can recommend that will help me determine which products (lotions, soaps, make-up etc.) are safe to use and which ones aren't?

Kritter

Hi there. I asked the same question and another member here, Momma Goose, was helpfull enough to give me this site: https://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsaf...ents/Page1.html

There you can find the guilty things you need to look for on the labels.

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Join eNewsletter

Thank you so much! I checked this out immediately - very helpful! Sometimes I just need a shove in the right direction as I'm pretty new at this!

Kritter

I think you just have to check out the ingredients of each item individually. However with cosmetics thats often more difficult. Most I think have gluten of some sort or another. Its best to just throw out your old stuff. I just got some cosmetics advertised here. A little expensive but nice quality.

Yolo

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter