Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my3apsons

Our First Small Milestone

It sounds odd that I'm going to say this is a good thing but my son feels pain when he has to use the bathroom. No double over sick pain but actual I have to go to the bathroom discomfort, a signal to go. He hasn't this in over a year. He was so constipated they were going to admit him and the doctor even suggested high colonics ( by a professional) to help regulate his bowels. We have been using all kinds of medication the last year to help him and nothing seems to work. He just didn't seem to have the sensation that told him to use the bathroom. He has or had ( with any luck) a huge pain threshold.

It was to the point that he'd be so back up when he did finally have pain, he'd have to go to the doctor.

DS has a form of autism (pdd-nos) and I'm just amazed that 2 weeks gluten free and we've had this much improvement.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Soooo worth celebrating!! My son has the same issues. He has had chronic constipation since birth and we are on month 2 of being gluten/dairy free, and he has been off of his stool softener almost completely for one month (he did have it once after a gluten slip up that got him really stopped up) It is so exciting!! And he is having the same pain/sensation before pooping. I am so happy because I actually think potty training is a possibility now, it SOOO wasn't before!!

YAY for poop!!!! :P

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter