Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gez

Diagnosed With Hiatal Hernia

Hi I'm new and am happy to have found this board. I'm awaiting the result of the biopsies and have had 3 negative blood tests. Just to fill you in on my history. I've always had abdominal pain since i was a child which got much worse when i was working in italy for 2 years when i was in my 20s.

About 12 years ago I started having terrible heartburn right out of the blue and the endoscopy diagnosed a small hernia and helycobacter. I haven't really felt well since --tired, depression, itchy ears, twisted finger nails, the usual feeling sick,constipation and abdominal; pain but not the severe symptoms people on this board report.

I figured out bread and pasta (wheat) was causing me problems especially bloating flu- like syptoms and fever. This was after I cut out wheat and dairy in 2001 and realised for the first time in my life I felt well. I'm 52.

My question is: If I haven't really eating gluten since 2001even though I ate it for about 9 weeks before the biopsy do you think the accuracy of the biopsies might be effected? Also, does anybody know what do the biopsies in England actually test for...it seems they were doing four.....

Thanks for any comments. The consultant, who spoke to me before the biopsy thought i didn't have coeliac disease but just gluten intolerance and he said would be referring me to a dietician.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter