Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kara'sMom

Pei Wei Near Disney World?

We're going in May to Disney and I had ( and still might) go to PF Chang's but then I saw how swanky it was. Can you go in shorts and a t-shirt? If not, I thought I'd check out Pei Wei since it seems more casual. We're staying at Pop Century so if anyone can tell me if their gluten-free food is good and about how long it'll take us to get there...I'd appreciate it.

THANKS!!

Kara'sMom

DD age 10

diagnosed celiac 10/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We're going in May to Disney and I had ( and still might) go to PF Chang's but then I saw how swanky it was. Can you go in shorts and a t-shirt? If not, I thought I'd check out Pei Wei since it seems more casual. We're staying at Pop Century so if anyone can tell me if their gluten-free food is good and about how long it'll take us to get there...I'd appreciate it.

THANKS!!

I can't help ya with the Pei Wei issue. But, my daughter and I stayed at the Pop Century over President's Day weekend. Make sure you talk to the chef and/or manager, and you'll have no problem eating gluten free!!! One day we had pizza, one day I had sloppy joes on gluten-free bread, lots of fruit and veggies available. And, they even had gluten free brownies and cookies (prepackaged) in the food court refrigerated area, though...they aren't refrigerated. =)

Just prepare for extra time for food preparation. Pizza was readily available, but the gluten-free pizza required an extra 20 minutes. I wanted an extra 10 minutes for them to "fetch" gluten free buns for our slppy joes and burgers.

We'd stay in the Pop again, in a heartbeat. It was awesome. I hope you have a great time!!!

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

Join eNewsletter

I have no idea about the Pei Wei either, but PF Chang's isn't so formal. You could go there in jeans or khakis and a decent top and be OK, but maybe not shorts.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

I can't help ya with the Pei Wei issue. But, my daughter and I stayed at the Pop Century over President's Day weekend. Make sure you talk to the chef and/or manager, and you'll have no problem eating gluten free!!! One day we had pizza, one day I had sloppy joes on gluten-free bread, lots of fruit and veggies available. And, they even had gluten free brownies and cookies (prepackaged) in the food court refrigerated area, though...they aren't refrigerated. =)

Just prepare for extra time for food preparation. Pizza was readily available, but the gluten-free pizza required an extra 20 minutes. I wanted an extra 10 minutes for them to "fetch" gluten free buns for our slppy joes and burgers.

We'd stay in the Pop again, in a heartbeat. It was awesome. I hope you have a great time!!!

Thanks! Did you talk to the chef before you got there or when you arrived? We're counting on eating outside of Disney to save money..but if the food court is good..that'd be great. Kara doesn't eat enought to warrant eating at all of the sit down restaurants and then us leaving with $100 or more check.

Kara'sMom

DD age 10

diagnosed celiac 10/07

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter