Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stolly

Body Wash And Lotion For Toddler

What body was and lotion do you use for your toddler? I'm hoping to find them at Target or CVS, but can order something online if needed. Thank you!

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Bodywash does not contain nut oils, gluten, soy, oat, or dairy. Neither does the sensitive lotion. I also have the Overtired and Cranky bubble bath by them and it doesn't have any of those ingredients either.

You can buy these at Target, Not sure about CVS though

Join eNewsletter

California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Bodywash does not contain nut oils, gluten, soy, oat, or dairy. Neither does the sensitive lotion. I also have the Overtired and Cranky bubble bath by them and it doesn't have any of those ingredients either.

You can buy these at Target, Not sure about CVS though

I have only found California Baby at Target. I love the stuff and use it for me too! DD has such a bad reaction to wheat protein found in almost all regular shampoos. Took us awhile to figure it out. You can use the bubble bath solution and water it down a bit and it makes great bubbles to blow too.

Join eNewsletter

We've been using Target brand body wash/shampoo. I cntacted them about the prduct and their body lotion...this was their response:

"Although the following Target brand items do not contain any gluten in any of

the actual ingredients, the manufacturer does run gluten-containing products on

the same equipment, so there is a risk of cross-contamination from gluten."

So I'm guessing we shouldn't use it due to the risk of CC, right?

So I will be trying California Baby. Thank you for your suggestions!

Holly

Join eNewsletter

What body was and lotion do you use for your toddler? I'm hoping to find them at Target or CVS, but can order something online if needed. Thank you!

You need to actually ingest gluten into the intestine for it to have any effect. Using soaps, shampoos etc. that might have wheat as an ingredient is not a problem unless they eat or drink it. You cannot absorb gluten through the skin. I think there are lot of myths regarding this.

Join eNewsletter

You need to actually ingest gluten into the intestine for it to have any effect. Using soaps, shampoos etc. that might have wheat as an ingredient is not a problem unless they eat or drink it. You cannot absorb gluten through the skin. I think there are lot of myths regarding this.

That may be true, but if someone is sensitive to wheat or has an allergy to it in addition to Celiac, it can bother them. Any time DD would use shampoo that had wheat protein, she would break out from head to toe in a rash. The same rash that she gets when she eats any type of gluten. Some people have to be careful that way.

Join eNewsletter

My DD also likes to blow bubbles in the bathtub, so she gets the soap on her lips and sometimes in her mouth by accident. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions!

Holly

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter