Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elefky

Passover - Egg Free & Nut Free

I generally don't have a problem with Passover, other than missing matzo brei and matzo meal pancakes. So many items are made from potato & potato starch that I actually stock up on stuff to keep me for a while. However, I have a young cousin that is allergic to egg and nuts which are both major ingredients for cakes and cookies at Passover. Since I know what it is like to see a table full of goodies that you can't eat (and can only imagine how tough it is for a child), whenever I make gluten-free goodies the rest of the year, I manage to make them eggless & nut free. But Passover is difficult. Does anyone have any dessert recipes for Passover that are gluten-free, EF, NF? ( subbing Tofu for egg is n/g for Passover)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My family's in the same boat! I have egg/nut free cousins, plus obviously I'm gluten-free (so's most of passover!). We have macaroons, chocolate dipperd strawberries/dried apricots, fruit, and my aunt makes an amazing EF/NF chocolate cake with potato starch (manischevitz is gluten-free I believe). What else...oh! Crustless cheesecake is good too. *tries to picture family seder* lol that's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure more will come to me later. I can get that cake recipe if you're interested.

Trade you for a good gluten-free matzo ball recipe? :lol:

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

and my aunt makes an amazing EF/NF chocolate cake with potato starch (manischevitz is gluten-free I believe). What else...oh! Crustless cheesecake is good too. I can get that cake recipe if you're interested.

Trade you for a good gluten-free matzo ball recipe? :lol:

I would love the EF/NF chocolate cake recipe if you don't mind. As far as "matzo balls", I use the mixes that come out for passover; Paskez, Lieber's and another one. They are called Kneidel Crumbs, or Kneidelach mix. Make sure they are the potato based mixes. If they are marked "non-gebrokst" there is NO matzo meal in them.

Join eNewsletter

I generally don't have a problem with Passover, other than missing matzo brei and matzo meal pancakes. So many items are made from potato & potato starch that I actually stock up on stuff to keep me for a while. However, I have a young cousin that is allergic to egg and nuts which are both major ingredients for cakes and cookies at Passover. Since I know what it is like to see a table full of goodies that you can't eat (and can only imagine how tough it is for a child), whenever I make gluten-free goodies the rest of the year, I manage to make them eggless & nut free. But Passover is difficult. Does anyone have any dessert recipes for Passover that are gluten-free, EF, NF? ( subbing Tofu for egg is n/g for Passover)

Hi,

I have to admit that being a Catholic, I am totally ignorant about what is permitted for passover !.

Here is a recipe that I hope will do, it's a Really Easy gluten-free Cornstarch Sponge Cake.

It only has 3 ingredients, eggs, sugar and cornstarch.

You even get a photo so you know what it should look like!!

Really Easy Cornstarch Sponge Cake

Hope this helps,

David

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

I would love the EF/NF chocolate cake recipe if you don't mind. As far as "matzo balls", I use the mixes that come out for passover; Paskez, Lieber's and another one. They are called Kneidel Crumbs, or Kneidelach mix. Make sure they are the potato based mixes. If they are marked "non-gebrokst" there is NO matzo meal in them.

Do you have the receipes for the ef/nf chocolate cake?

Join eNewsletter

Do you have the receipes for the ef/nf chocolate cake?

I would also be very grateful for the EF/NF cake recipe and any other suitable recipes. My little one is allergic to eggs, nuts and dairy which makes Passover very difficult!

many thanks

Join eNewsletter

my aunt makes an amazing EF/NF chocolate cake with potato starch (manischevitz is gluten-free I believe).

I would also love to have the EF/NF chocolate cake recipe for Passover. My 3-year-old daughter is allergic to eggs and peanuts, and her sister has a birthday on the second day of Passover. Quite the birthday cake dilemma!

Thanks -

Join eNewsletter

I would also love to have the EF/NF chocolate cake recipe for Passover. My 3-year-old daughter is allergic to eggs and peanuts, and her sister has a birthday on the second day of Passover. Quite the birthday cake dilemma!

Thanks -

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter