Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShayBraMom

Anyone Ever Done Testing Through Enterolab?

If tested twice with them so far, once for Malnutrition with my daughter who has celiac disease and once now with my son. his results where:

Tissue Transglutaminase Stool Test

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 45 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

So, he's pos. for Glutensensitivity- he's also the carrier of the Gene DQ2!

Did anyone of you have the same test, what was the result on it? What is your REAL diagnosis, Doctor wise? Has anyone of you scored lower then that or even higher?

the reason why I'm asking is, on the Website for EnteroLab it says that the average pos. result is 45. My son fall excatly in that score! I"m trying to find out if they just round up or down! EnteroLAB seems credible, but still the Stooltest is fairly new, they are the only LAB doing it and I'm still having the little birdy in my head from somebody questionning here really hard how credible they are!

Susi with Shayden and Brandy

Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units

Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units

Me: Gastroscopy negative f. Celiac, IBS, Oesophagitis, Hiatus-Hernia

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had 39 on anti gliadin and 18 on transglutaminase. I had been gluten free for 3.5 weeks and on a restricted wheat diet for years.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Join eNewsletter

My daughter's antigliadin was only 12, but her malabsorption score was 816, which is fairly high. Her blood work was negative, but many symptoms resolved after taking her off gluten (or I should say after she finally cooperated, now that I had proof that there was a problem - she is 16).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

The Docs don't like it when Patients already come with their own diagnosis! go see the GI, talk to him aobut all the issues your son has and just SAY that Celiac runs in your family and if he could test your son for it to rule it out, don't tell him aobut the EnteroLab results!

My at the time 3.5 year old son's anitgliadin was 105 and tissue transglutaminase was 102. His absorption was normal. We haven't seen a GI because one that is recommended in the area doesn't accept Enterolab's results.

Susi with Shayden and Brandy

Shayden, pos. with DQ 2, pos. for Glutensensitivity with Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 45 Units

Brandy, pos. with DQ2 + DQ8, DX Celiac Nov.07, gluten-free since Nov. 1st 07, Tissuetransglutaminase Stool TgA 63 Units

Me: Gastroscopy negative f. Celiac, IBS, Oesophagitis, Hiatus-Hernia

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter