Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmcbride4291

Leaky Gut Syndrome

Many times I have seen many of the forum members stating the diet has made no change and what is wrong. Leaky Gut Syndrome causes gluten intolerance and many other intolerances. Infact Celaic disease can cause this. Both of these diagnosis are often not thought of or rejected by Dr.s. In a nut shell, Leaky Gut syndrome is when there is enough damage to the digestive track, that food and liquid particles are leaking directly into the bloodstream. This can cause a host of problems. Your parathyroid could become over active. This is four glands located behind the thyroid gland, which relases a parathormone which triggers calcium to be extracted from bone to balance out the acid levels in blood. If you drink something acidic, it will drive the gland crazy because some of the acid will go directly into the blood stream. Your head and nose could get hard, bones hurt, and urination will become frequent due to the kidneys unloading the calcium. Every effect from Celaiac's disease and then some you could have. You also get a pain in left chest, (non-cardiac related), skin could hurt, cannot take smells and sound and sensation is altered. With this you alsio cannot handle gluten. It will mess you up real bad. Just like many celaic patients, no milk, sugar, canned fruit, caffeine, acidic foods. Actually your diet becomes even more sensitive then with Celiacs disease. It takes roughly 4-6 months to heal with proper diet. You will feel very lousy while you have this due to your immune systems attacks the food particles as they are foreign bodies. There is no magic pill. It is caused by celiac, alcohol, spicy foods, diet in general. Like I said Celiac can cause this, however it is like the chicken and the egg. Which came first? One causes the other, although in Leaky Gut Syndrome, after repair in theory you might be able to go back to gluten, though I feel perhaps being gluten free is a good thing, and in the future, with politics and greed out of the way, they might find out humans and gluten may not be such a good thing. Anyway just wanted to post this to help with those still having problems. There is much more info. I suggest you research this and take the appropriate steps to feel better.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

could you post some resources for this info? I find it very interesting (and seems to fit me to a T!) and would like to take something to my dr. about this....

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter