Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksymonds84

Feeling Lucky

I wasn't sure where to post this topic but just feel very proud of my 17 year old daughter. My birthday was yesterday and we are celebrating tomorrow with a cook out. She was concerned about a birthday cake and I told her I didn't need one. She decided on her own that I definately needed one and made me a pamela's chocolate cake for tomorrow. :) The kitchen smells yummy and no matter what it will be the best cake I've tasted!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wasn't sure where to post this topic but just feel very proud of my 17 year old daughter. My birthday was yesterday and we are celebrating tomorrow with a cook out. She was concerned about a birthday cake and I told her I didn't need one. She decided on her own that I definately needed one and made me a pamela's chocolate cake for tomorrow. :) The kitchen smells yummy and no matter what it will be the best cake I've tasted!

I know the feeling and it can't be beat. BTW, Pamela's chocolate cake is wonderful. :)

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Happy birthday, and congratulations on having such a caring daughter!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I would be able to wait on that cake. I would be sitting at the table at midnight with fork in hand. :D

You are very lucky to have such a sweet kid, give her an extra big chocolatey hug tommorrow.

Happy belated too and enjoy the cookout.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Thanks everyone! Yep its hard not to get into the cake it looks yummy! Sarah had prom last night which is why she made it yesterday. She looked so grown up and beautiful....she's my youngest...its gonna be hard when she goes off to college but I've got one more year with her!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Happy Birthday. You daughter is very thoughtful.

I just had my 50th birthday and had to make my own birthday cake. Hubby just didn't feel like he could and my 12 year old triplets are only just starting to cook the odd thing. The 20 year was away but if she had been around my guess is she would have made the cake.

It's funny how small kindnesses like a birthday cake can mean so much to us.