Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AliB

Anyone Else A Metabolic 'protein' Type?

Recommended Posts

So Rachel, is there any safe alternative to mercury? Have the alternatives been tested for any long-term contamination - after all, mercury was thought to be safe originally!

Yes...there are several alternatives. A person can be sensitive to any kind of material used in dentistry but as far as toxicity goes....none are more toxic than mercury. Mercury is the second most toxic element on the planet. I dont think that mercury was ever thought to be "safe".....I think it was known to be toxic long before it was ever used in dentistry. For some reason (which I'll never comprehend) it is only considered "safe" after its placed in our mouths. :unsure:

Seriously! Prior to being put in our teeth its considered to be highly toxic....and once removed its considered too toxic to be placed in a landfill...but for the decades that it sits in our body its supposed to be perfectly safe??? :unsure:

I think there is alot more awareness now....and after years and years of denial the ADA now admits that the fillings do leak mercury. At one time it was believed that the mercury did not escape the fillings....but it wasnt true....it actually leaks out for the entire lifetime of the filling.

I actually didnt know anything about mercury when I got sick. I knew I had "silver" fillings...but I wasnt aware that they contained mercury and I didnt know my health was at risk when the dentist was drilling them out.

I also had two brand new gold crowns put in after my fillings were removed.. The crowns had replaced the two fillings that were drilled out....the crowns contributed greatly to the rapid decline in my health.

The new gold crowns were in direct contact with my two remaining amalgam and the dissimilar metals caused a

"battery" like reaction....like an electrical current beween the metals...with saliva as the "conducter". I knew something weird was happening but it wasnt until I started looking things up online that I realized mercury was probably my problem....and it was pretty scary to me at that time. I had read that gold in direct contact with amalgam can cause a "galvanic reaction" which draws large amount of mercury vapor from the amalgams...as well as other heavy metals in both the gold crowns and the fillings. It basically pulls the metals out at very high rates.

I was already feeling "off" after the fillings were drilled out...and then once the crowns were put in the toxicity was just too much and I lost my health. :(

Never ever should dissimilar metals be placed in the same mouth....especially when one of them is amalgam.

Once I started putting the pieces together and learning about mercury I just wanted to get all of the metals out. I got the crowns out first...this actually helped alot as far as reducing some of the neurological symptoms I was having. I then went to a biological dentist to have the two remaining amalgam removed safely.

They didnt just put any type of new material in my mouth....especially since I was already sick and sensitive to so many foods and chemicals. I was given a compatibility test first. They drew blood, sent it to a lab and had it tested against all of the different materials used in dentistry..including cements. This was to ensure that whatever material they used wouldnt be something that I might be highly reactive to. The lab then sent the report to the dentist.

I have not had any problems with the "white" fillings that I have in now. I'm happy with them and they're definately more attractive and safer then the amalgam! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is interested this link is to a book that has been put on the Internet. In it Robert McFerran addresses Arthritis mainly but does cover other problems and how they are linked to diet. He goes into great detail about why eating the wrong foods for our metabolic type is so destructive. He refers to a lot of documented material and evidence that is very compelling reading.

If you have the patience to read it it is well worth the effort!

http://www.frot.co.nz/dietnet/reviews/mcferran01.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for that, AliB :)

I can't possibly keep up with the technical talk, but eating this way again for the past 2 weeks has allowed me to lose 8 pounds. My stomach and digestion are running perfectly and my appetite is becoming more normal--I'm not constantly hungry and craving sweets.

I'm working on moderation so that I can maintain this over the long haul.

I've got a ways to go, but I think I'm on the right track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you for that, AliB :)

I can't possibly keep up with the technical talk, but eating this way again for the past 2 weeks has allowed me to lose 8 pounds. My stomach and digestion are running perfectly and my appetite is becoming more normal--I'm not constantly hungry and craving sweets.

I'm working on moderation so that I can maintain this over the long haul.

I've got a ways to go, but I think I'm on the right track.

Patti, so pleased to see you benefitting from it. I am still struggling to get mine right - I think I got glutened yesterday - I feel like my body is inflamed and I have gas and bloating back which is really annoying. I probably shan't sleep much tonight!

One of the things in the book is that a certain Dr Weston A Price, a dentist, spent 20 years in the early 1900's travelling and researching indigenous tribes and peoples. He noticed some very interesting things. Where natives remained on their ancestral diet they remained healthy with good strong bones and teeth. Where they deviated from the diet they started to develop dental caries, deformed bones and other ailments and diseases. Even today it is clear that those who follow an ancestral diet are also extremely healthy in comparison with those who deviate. Makes very interesting reading if you have the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patti, so pleased to see you benefitting from it. I am still struggling to get mine right - I think I got glutened yesterday - I feel like my body is inflamed and I have gas and bloating back which is really annoying. I probably shan't sleep much tonight!

One of the things in the book is that a certain Dr Weston A Price, a dentist, spent 20 years in the early 1900's travelling and researching indigenous tribes and peoples. He noticed some very interesting things. Where natives remained on their ancestral diet they remained healthy with good strong bones and teeth. Where they deviated from the diet they started to develop dental caries, deformed bones and other ailments and diseases. Even today it is clear that those who follow an ancestral diet are also extremely healthy in comparison with those who deviate. Makes very interesting reading if you have the time.

Sorry you got glutened, Ali....makes it doubly hard when this happens. Hope it doesn't last long.

The book sounds so interesting--especially the ancestral diet. Makes sense too, when you think about it. I'm going to read it.

Hang in there on the diet--you'll get there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...