Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

singswtharmony

Has This Been Considered?

Hello everyone --

I've been looking through the message boards, and haven't seen anything yet...but have people considered setting up a "mentor" program here at celiac.com?

I know that I personally would love to have an experienced person that has dealt with Celiac's disease for awhile now as a mentor. Someone that I could email with questions and or advice...or just some support when I'm feeling particularly weak!

I know that's kind of the point of this message board, but I think it might be a neat and even more personal way of connecting with other celiacs. I'm not sure if it's possible, or if it's been discussed before...just thought I'd put it out there for consideration!

Thanks! :)

Caitlin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Cool idea...there isn't any program here with that, obviously, but I guess you could just ask someone who seems knowledgeable via e-mail if they'd be willing to help with questions or whatever--I guess this board is sort of like that, just with many different people, some of them in the same beginning stages of the diet.

I would offer to answer any questions that you may have. I feel as if I have been through a lot in the past year since being gluten-free. I know a lot from calling places and doing research. I am sure there is a ton of stuff I don't know, but feel free to email if you have a question or just want to chat!