Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mary B

Looking For The Cheapest Source For Specialty Flours

I was recently diagnosed with celiac and am looking for a cheap source for specialty flours to make my own flour mixes. Does anyone know of any place online where I can order these flours? I did find a bulk foods warehouse that had a few of them, but not all. Overall the prices are high and shipping is worse.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, shipping is one of those things that seems impossible to avoid, and of course ordering a lot of flour means the box will be heavy. That said, my favorite place for flours and other goodies is www.barryfarm.com.

They do charge more for shipping than what I think they could, but then again I don't know their overhead costs.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I buy 25 lb bags of the flours I use often from Bob's Red Mill.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/catalog/index.p...search%A0%3C%3C

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Hi Mary,

I'm fairly new to gluten-free too--and was turned on to Asian markets. OMG, you'll find all the rice flours, potato starch, potato flour, bean flours (lentil, eg), all for a fraction of what you'll pay anywhere else. I hope your town has an Asian population sufficient to support such a market--try it, you won't be sorry!

judithht

I buy all my flours in bulk from my health food store :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.