This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ques For Ladies

debmidge

debmidge Rising Star

I am unhappy to find that a lot of stuff today is made with spandex and/or lycra

Tops, jeans, etc. I am of certain age that shouldn't be wearing close-fitting clothing

and I have a little more weight on my bones than I should. I feel like manufacturers

are no longer making 100% cotton jeans any longer.....

Anyone else finding this to be a problem? Or do you have source for 100% cotton

jeans?

Thanks

Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

missy'smom Collaborator

Have you checked llbean?

Guest digmom1014

I have had luck with the Long and Lean jeans by the Gap.

My girlfriend also likes Land's End for clothing.

debmidge Rising Star
Have you checked llbean?

Thanks for the reminder.....for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of

LL Bean!

Darn210 Enthusiast

I found these a couple of months ago and I love them (I'm a bit on the hippy side and these don't gap too much at the waist).

Open Original Shared Link

I have a pair from Eddie Bauer that are also 100% . . . they're a couple of years old. I assume they still make them that way.

Also, if you get the LL Bean Credit Card (no annual fee) you don't have to pay shipping on any of your orders. I got it for that exact reason and rarely use it except when I'm ordering from their catalog. You also don't pay if the shipping address is to a different location. It means you don't have to try to put together a bigger order to "justify" the shipping cost. Returns are on your own dollar, though.

debmidge Rising Star
I found these a couple of months ago and I love them (I'm a bit on the hippy side and these don't gap too much at the waist).

Open Original Shared Link

I have a pair from Eddie Bauer that are also 100% . . . they're a couple of years old. I assume they still make them that way.

Also, if you get the LL Bean Credit Card (no annual fee) you don't have to pay shipping on any of your orders. I got it for that exact reason and rarely use it except when I'm ordering from their catalog. You also don't pay if the shipping address is to a different location. It means you don't have to try to put together a bigger order to "justify" the shipping cost. Returns are on your own dollar, though.

Thanks for info...I have an "hourglass" figure also and pants "gap" at the back at the waist. It's so bad that you can gather about 4 inches of fabric.

The jeans I have now are Lee brand from JC Penney and I never thought that they would add spandex elastic to them but they did.

I see that LandsEnd has "custom" made ones....wow!

Ursa Major Collaborator

I buy most of my clothing from Lands End. I hate clothes shopping, and with them everything fits the same. Once you know your size, you know everything you order will fit.

I do have a few pairs of pants that have a touch of Spandex in them. They are cut wide enough to not cling in the least, but I love that when I bend or kneel there is some give, and I don't feel so constricted (I hate anything tight).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
I buy most of my clothing from Lands End.

. . . and just a little info about Lands End. . . you can make your returns at Sears so you don't have to pay return postage. Just this week, when I was at Sears (making a Lands End return), the person there told me that you can place a Lands End order AT a Sears and get free delivery to your house. I haven't tried this yet, though.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

See, I have a slightly 'inflated' behind. But I'm 5'7'' 145lbs, so you'd figure they make clothes for people my height and weight, right? WRONG! I swear, 95% of the jeans I try on are like saran-wrap on my butt and completely baggy on my thighs. I'd love a pair of pants that just fits. The best ones definitely have the 4-6% spandex though, because I get that gappy thing at the waist too, and it helps prevent that. I've taken to wearing professional clothes more often when I'm not even working, because it's easier for me to find work clothes that fit right. TJmaxx and Marshalls are cool though because they have so many different brands, instead of department stores that only carry a few.

Archived