Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

katebuggie28

Anyone Else?

I ate sweet potato baby food for lunch and I just had squash for "dinner." Has anyone else had to do this? I am fed up. I am trying to have a positive outlook, but I am so weak and tired. This really sucks. It's almost 4am, and I am not tired enough to sleep, just miserable tired. Does that make sense? I am going to try to lay down now...good night all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

katebuggie, I think we can all say we have probably been were you are, at one time or another. I know I have been. Still, after 8 yrs of being gluten free, my body is very structured, it has it's own system, and it must follow it's own regiment. Being thrown out of wack, takes weeks to get back into shape. I went on vacation on May 8th, came back on May 13th, my headaches hit me with a vengence, I am exhausted, I fall asleep at 7 at night, I wake up at 3:30 in the morning--everything is out of wack now. The only advice I can give you is: patience! Are you taking vitamins?

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

I ate sweet potato baby food for lunch and I just had squash for "dinner." Has anyone else had to do this? I am fed up. I am trying to have a positive outlook, but I am so weak and tired. This really sucks. It's almost 4am, and I am not tired enough to sleep, just miserable tired. Does that make sense? I am going to try to lay down now...good night all.

I do hope that wasn't all you ate. The tiredness was awful for me also during the first month or so off gluten, as it was when I was on it. It does take time to heal. I was often too tired to cook and do dishes but there are some things that take seconds to make and can give you a good gluten-free meal with little effort.

If you eat chicken a chicken breast can be sprinkled with some gluten-free seasonings or herbs wrapped in foil then throw it in the oven for about a half an hour. If you have a microwave you can zap a whole potatoe, prick it first with a fork, then zap for about 2 minutes. Throw it in the oven the same time as the chicken and they should be done at the same time. The potato is done when you stick a fork in it and it slides off easily.

Another thing really helpful is a rice cooker. You can cook the rice in the bottom and then add veggies and even meats to the steamer on the top. The cooker will have a lot of recipes in it to get you started.

Your body needs all the nutrients it can get and I would also strongly reccommend that you get a for sure gluten-free sublingual B12 vitamin, it will help with energy levels. If you don't care for pills and tolerate bee products then Royal Jelly is also a good source of B's and at least for me it increased my appetite incredibly.

One last note, if you are eating baby food please be sure to check with the maker to be sure it is gluten-free, many add thickeners that we don't tolerate.

Hang in there, it gets easier with time and healing.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)