Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caeryn23

Lab Tests Results Questions

I had the HLA Typing tests.

DR, DRB1, 04 and 07

DQ, DQB1, 02 and 08

HLA DR2 antigen, nor either of its splits (DR15, and DR16) was not detected (negative).

HLA DQ6 antigen was not detected (negative).

Why are the antigens different than the DR and DQ types listed? I was confused on the results.

I also had:

Total IgA 116 mg/dL (range 81-463)

Tissue Transglutaminase AB, IgG <3 (range <7 negative, 7-10 equivocal, >10 positive)

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds like some type of serotyping was done.

The wiki on celiac HLA DQ typing explains a bit about serotyping vs electropheresis etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-DQ

About the mystic DR15 and 16 not detected answer, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHC_II_DR

that could mean they tested for DQ5 and 6.

gluten-free since may 06 after neg. biopsy symptoms went away and DH symptoms which I had since 03 got gradually better.

daughter officially diagnosed celiac and casein intolerant.

non-DQ2 or DQ8. Maybe DQ1? Updated: Yes, double DQ5

Hypothyroid since 2000, thyroxine first started to work well 06 on a low-carb and gluten-free diet

Lost 20 kg after going gluten-free and weighing 53 kg now. neg. biopsy for DH. Found out afterwards from this forum that it should have been taken during an outbreak but it was taken two weeks after. vitaminD was 57 nmol/l in may08)

Thank you for the links.

My doctor said he was ordering the HLA DQ2 and HLA DQ8 tests. The remarks section doesn't seem to mention those tests. I'm not sure if they did the right tests.

It mentions HLA Typing at the top.

DQ

DQB1

Is that the same as HLA DQ2 and HLA DQ8?