Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genie Walker

Looking For A Good Brownie Recipe

I'm craving brownies and I want to make some soon like today. My problem is that I need them to be dairy free and sugar free in addition to gluten free. (I'm not asking much am I?) :D

The brownie mixes I found aren't sugar free. Does anyone have a good recipe? At this point I would settle for a half-way decent brownie recipe.

Genie

Diagnosed in 2003. I've been gluten free ever since - that a difference it has made in my life.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/brownies-for...lentine-42.html

This recipe has gotten very good reviews.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Hi, Go to gluten free recipezaar and search for dense delicious brownies. You can experiment. Sub the chips for nuts or unsweetened coconut. Try subbing the sugar for 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Test the batter to see if it looks like regular brownies and taste it too. Add more cocoa or applesauce if desired. If they don't rise good, hey, eat them with a spoon. I have a recipe for applesauce brownies that are good but they have sugar and dairy. Hope it works for you!

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

In case you haven't already tried it, I'd recommend Stevia for your sweetener. I like the pure powder, as there are no fillers or additives.

Coconut flour is great for baking, so I'd suggest that too. It should help when making things without dairy.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I have no idea how much sugar they have so this might not help, but the Gluten Free Pantry brownie mix is actually quite good. They have instructions for making them dairy free on the box.

Gluten Free Since August 2007

Thank you for all your suggestions - I will look into the websites. The brownie mixes are good, but they shoot my blood sugar up too high and takes several days to recover.

Diagnosed in 2003. I've been gluten free ever since - that a difference it has made in my life.