Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YNGRL

Close My Account

So I dont have celiac.. its good news. I just have stress or something. Anyhow, I need to close my account and I Have not been able to find how to do this on the website.

THanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Most people just leave their accounts dormant. There are hundreds like that. If you want the user to actually be deleted, send a personal message to that effect to admin. Deleting the account will not delete your posts, they will remain in any case.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Most people just leave their accounts dormant. There are hundreds like that. If you want the user to actually be deleted, send a personal message to that effect to admin. Deleting the account will not delete your posts, they will remain in any case.

Do you have an admin email address?

Go into your inbox (there is a link on the left side of the screen; should say "New Messages") and click on Compose New Message. Under recipient's name enter "Admin" and send him your request.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

You don't need to close your account, you know. You never know when you might want to post to ask for info for a friend or relative, or you might want to check back here if your symptoms don't clear up when you are unstressed! You would be amazed how many of us were told we didn't have celiac, and how many of us had tests that were misread or were even given the WRONG tests! And there are a shocking amount of people here who were referred to psychiatrists or told that it was all in their heads.

I'm not saying that you have celiac, or even gluten intolerance. I just want you to keep your eyes open, given how many of us were given dangerously wrong information by our doctors, whom we trusted.

Did you know that in 2006, University of Chicago published a study that said that it took an average of 11 years to be correctly diagnosed with celiac in this country? That means 11 years of doctors giving meds and invasive tests, when all that was needed was a simple diet change.

Now, hopefully, your doctor is correct, and you can happily and healthfully eat wheat with no problems forever and ever.

But if not, we'll still be here for you, you know. :)

Happy de-stressing!