Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ENF

Traficet-en Phase Ii Trial In Celiac Disease

Traficet-EN, by ChemoCentryx, was intended for Irritable Bowl Disease, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, but is also being tested on Celiac Disease patients.

http://www.chemocentryx.com/product/phaseII.html

It's great that there are several companies working on products that may help with problems associated with Celiac Disease. The more information we have, the better.

Celiac diagnosis from positive blood work & endoscope (2005)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 Subtype 2,8 (double Celiac genes)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Someone out there, of course, wants to make a drug so we can all eat gluten again. If it becomes availible, I'm sure may folks will choose to use it. What bugs me about this is they have gotten government grants to fund this research. We have so many illness with no good treatment options and we're spending money on something that already has a cure. I wouldn't ever take it.

What the heck is traficet-en, and how is it supposed to "treat" celiacs, who might be perfectly healthy unless they ingest a poison--I mean, gluten?

It's a drug that is a biological modifier of the immune system's response to foreign crap.

quote "Our lead product candidate, Traficet- EN

hence it would mess with your immune system response to the "foreign invader," i. e. gluten, in theory.

Sounds too much like a steroid for me to feel comfortable! Just what we need, something to mess with our immune systems.