Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrissyb

Instant Headache

I have noticed the last couple of times I have had a Almond Joy that I get a headache instantly. I checked with Hersherys and they said that they are gluten-free. I recently had blood work done and my glucose level was 1point higher then normal I have not been in to see the doc yet to discuss these results. I have also not seen a GI doc but have been gluten-free for 7 months now and can feel my stomach feels much better and I can tell when I do eat stuff with gluten in it, my stomach yells at me and it is on fire and I spend more time in the bathroom then I care too. Do you find that if most company say their products are gluten-free that they are. Also do diabiets and celiacs go together, I also have mulitple sclerosis. I noticed in my blood work that my hematocrit was high and so was my chloride serum level. I dont see my doc to discuss this until 6/25. Sorry I am rambling and my spelling is awful, my cognative is bad due to my ms, all this is new to me and with the possibility of my blood sugar being off and they are thing of changing my ms med to one that is an iv once a month I am a little flustered not to mention my head is pounding after the almond joy. Thanks for reading.

Chrissy

Chrissy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It could be this ingredient... "Sodium Metabisulfite".

Are you sensitive to sulfites?? If you are it would definately explain the head pounding.

If you notice that you experience the same symptoms when eating foods containing...

Sulfur dioxide

Potassium bisulfite

Potassium metabisulfite

Sodium bisulfite

Sodium metabisulfite

Sodium sulfite

....then you are probably reacting to the sulfites.

Rachel

What happens with other sugary things? It seems to me that there is a distinct possibility that the problem is something other than sugar.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Almond Joys are definitely gluten-free. I eat them all the time. They are high in sugar, though, which sometimes makes me feel yucky. I think the other posters had some good ideas for other potential problem ingredients.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.