Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

starrymazed

Please Help With Daughter's Blood Test Results!

Hello. I have posted on here a few times, and recently I was diagnosed (through biopsy) with celiac disease. I fully believe that my daughter (possibly my son as well) has it. While they don't have a dr appt for that until July 1st, my seven year old daughter just recently had a slew of blood work done for her psych dr (she was just diagnosed as having ADHD) and I am trying to make sense of the results. Basically, her Creatinine levels, Bilirubin, Hematocrit, MPV, Neutrophil, and Lymphocyte %M levels were all low, while her Platelet count and Lymphocyte % levels were high. Does anyone know what this means? Is it celiac? She has plenty of stomach, skin, and head issues to make me believe that is what it is, but these blood results are scaring me. Please, any input would be much appreciated. The dr didn't offer much advice; she said that the celiac could explain these levels.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac Disease cannot be determined from those tests. You will have to wait for the Celiac tests to be done since none of these other tests are specific for Celiac.

Rachel

I am aware that this is not a test for celiac's disease. What I was more specifically asking was if there is a connection between celiac's disease and having the Bilirubin and low blood count levels that she has. That is what I cannot determine online, and while I am awaiting the doctor, I thought I would ask on here as there seems to be quite a few people who know their stuff. :)

I am aware that this is not a test for celiac's disease. What I was more specifically asking was if there is a connection between celiac's disease and having the Bilirubin and low blood count levels that she has. That is what I cannot determine online, and while I am awaiting the doctor, I thought I would ask on here as there seems to be quite a few people who know their stuff. :)

Yes...they can be symptoms of Celiac....or they can be symptoms from something else entirely. You will not be able to determine this (with any certainty) without knowing whether or not she has Celiac.

Rachel