Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakinghomesteader

Doc Says More Protein...

Where do you get the Hemp shakes? I'd like to look into those for my husband.

I get them at my local health food store and also at Wegmans. They both carry the powders also. The hemp powder I added to my smoothies with rice milk but I just didn't care for it. They came out too thick for me. The milk also makes a great shake but is also good for drinking straight on cereal etc.

Way to go! and a ways to go! keep up the good work!!! :rolleyes::D:)

I slept well last night. I think the extra protein helped. I didn't realize how active I am in the summer with gardening, sewing, canning, etc. It takes alot of muscle power. lol. I plan on trying for the same today. I think yesterday I ended up with a total of 70 g. Oh, and pb cookies sound good by the way!

Beans and brown rice make a complete protein.

Yes, but the quantity of those two items you have to eat compared to a piece of meat is vastly more to get the same amount of amino acids.

I guess it seems hard. lol. I seem to not eat very much despite being very hungry. I am thankful for the food suggestions. I just can't seem to think anymore. I just feel so bad right now. I really don't like eggs, except deviled. What is hummus and what do you do with it?

Thanks

What's going on with you that you're semi-starving yourself?

Well,

I just haven't been feeling well and so I haven't made any bread or anything for lunches. I always have trouble with lunches. Our funds are low right now and our garden is not ready yet. It just seemed hard to find something to eat. And I'm always hungry! I'm not starving on purpose if that's what you mean. :)

All of your suggestions have helped emmensely. I feel much better and your suggestions have not been expensive. I always cook a wonderful supper and that's never a problem. Before celiac, I never really ate lunch. Never really cared to. But then, after gluten free, I got hungry and wanted to eat lunch. Nothing sounded good tho. I mainly just ate fruit and veggies. I really like those, but they don't have much calories. My favorite meat is fish and venison.

Anyway, thanks for your input everyone.