Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Janeti

Anyone Have A Delicious Coffee Cake Recipe?

Hello All....

I promised my sister in law (she is also has celiacs) that I would help find her a recipe....And I know that I came to the right place :) Thanks !! Janet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think I have made both of these with gluten-free flours, probably Bette Hagman's original mix. I might have thrown in xanthan gum, I'm sorry I can't remember. But they are delicious.

1. Coffee cake

grease and flour 8 x 8 pan, heat oven to 350.

Cream 1 c sugar and 1 stick of margarine.

In a bowl mix:

2 c flour

1 t baking powder

1 t baking soda

1/4 t salt

To the creamed mix add:

2 eggs

1 t vanilla extract

Add flour mix and 1 c sour cream, adding a little of one, then the other until all mixed.

Spread half of batter in pan and top with half of filling (see below). Top with rest of batter and rest of filling.

Bake 45 minutes or until tester comes out dry.

Filling:

1-1/2 T cinnamon

1/4 c sugar

1/4 c chopped pecans (I always make extra of this mix)

2. Sour cream blueberry cake (makes great cupcakes/muffins)

Preheat oven to 400F.

Cream 1/2 c soft butter or margarine and 1 c sugar. Beat in 3 eggs one at a time. Add 1 t vanilla.

Sift together dry ingredients:

2 c flour

1 t baking powder

1 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

Add flour mix to creamed mix, alternating with addition of 1 c sour cream, ending with flour.

Fold in 1 - 1/2 c blueberries, canned, frozen, or fresh. For frozen or fresh berries mix them with a little flour first to keep them from falling to the bottom of the cake.

I'm not sure what size cake pan, but it's the same amount of ingredients as above so probably 8 x 8. As cupcakes, 15-20 minutes. They freeze well.

Now that I look at them together it's practically the same recipe. It's delicious - I think the sour cream really makes it.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Thank you for your responses.

Happygirl-Yes, I have had that coffee cake mix and I agree, it is wonderful. Especially with a little powered sugar on top.