This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Because Of Symptoms, And Blood Test

mjhere69

mjhere69 Rookie

4 years ago, the dr. diagnosed me with celiac. I had lost 47 lbs, was "couch bound" from weakness from diah. Over the past 3 years, I have been diagnosed with..gastroparesis ( have been on a yogurt and ensure diet for a year and a half, because. Then diagnosed with microscopic colitis ( Dr. took biopsys during colonoscopy) It is immflamation and swelling INSIDE your colon, causing water diah. and cramping. A few months ago, after a stool sample, was diagnosed with C diff. It took 3 rounds of antibiotics to get over that. I was so weak I could not function. I got an IV, which gave mes some energy back. I am gluten free because of my diet, lactose intolerant, so I take lactaid pills. Doctors arnt listening. Do all of these things have something in common? Is there anything I can take to get my strength back up, even a little? My gastroenterologist doesnt think I have celiac, but he tested me after I had been gluten free for 2 years. I do not know what to do to get my life back. I did better, when I was eating reg food and was gluten free. Can anyone help..Mary

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues right now. The gastro is a tough one. Basically your nerves arent working right. Have they tested you for B-12 deficiency???

Yes or no, you should go and buy a good sublingual methylcobalmin. Jarrow is good. It goes under your tongue so you do not even have to digest it. Use the 5000. Perfectly safe as anything your body doesnt need will get moved through to your urine.

I would also encourage you to try acupuncture as it is very good for nerve issues and organs that arent working right (i.e. your stomach). Acupressure is also good. You can buy a book on acupressure and do it on yourself.

You might also look into Seacure or Immunical which are both pre-digested proteins supplements that help rebuild your intestines. Seacure is fish based and Immunical is whey based (should be lactose free).

And as whacky as this might sound....you should "talk to your gut". Relax and give it a nice massage. Perhaps put a warm hot pad on it. Tell it how much you love it and you want it to get better. Ask it questions. See if any revelations surface. Believe it or not, our bodies "talk to us". Yours needs some attention. Please try very hard not to be "angry" at your body. It is doing the best it can. I was amazed at how my emotional life and my body changed when I started to learn to love and care for myself. When I had a pain instead of saying "stupid body", I would catch myself and say "I know you have this pain for a reason. I love you for trying to tell me something. I will do everything I can to heal you. I love you my beautiful body". At first it made me cry to say these things because I had spent so many years hating my body. But now I have the greatest love and respect for my body. Every inch of it, scars, warts and all......

A good book that REALLY changed me is by Louise Hay called "You Can Heal Your Life".

Wishing you well.

Shay

mjhere69 Rookie
Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues right now. The gastro is a tough one. Basically your nerves arent working right. Have they tested you for B-12 deficiency???

Yes or no, you should go and buy a good sublingual methylcobalmin. Jarrow is good. It goes under your tongue so you do not even have to digest it. Use the 5000. Perfectly safe as anything your body doesnt need will get moved through to your urine.

I would also encourage you to try acupuncture as it is very good for nerve issues and organs that arent working right (i.e. your stomach). Acupressure is also good. You can buy a book on acupressure and do it on yourself.

You might also look into Seacure or Immunical which are both pre-digested proteins supplements that help rebuild your intestines. Seacure is fish based and Immunical is whey based (should be lactose free).

And as whacky as this might sound....you should "talk to your gut". Relax and give it a nice massage. Perhaps put a warm hot pad on it. Tell it how much you love it and you want it to get better. Ask it questions. See if any revelations surface. Believe it or not, our bodies "talk to us". Yours needs some attention. Please try very hard not to be "angry" at your body. It is doing the best it can. I was amazed at how my emotional life and my body changed when I started to learn to love and care for myself. When I had a pain instead of saying "stupid body", I would catch myself and say "I know you have this pain for a reason. I love you for trying to tell me something. I will do everything I can to heal you. I love you my beautiful body". At first it made me cry to say these things because I had spent so many years hating my body. But now I have the greatest love and respect for my body. Every inch of it, scars, warts and all......

A good book that REALLY changed me is by Louise Hay called "You Can Heal Your Life".

Wishing you well.

Shay

mjhere69 Rookie

Shay, I appreciate you taking time to respond to me. It is very uplifting just to know someone knows what you are going through. Your advice is encouraging and I will definatly be checking up on it. Thank you so much. Mary :rolleyes:

oceangirl Collaborator

Hi Mary,

When you say your doctor diagnosed you with celiac, did you go gluten-free? If so, has it not helped? I'm so sorry you are having so much difficulty. In your title you say you had positive bloodwork? I do think you must try strict adherence to gluten-free living if this is the case. And I concur that acupuncture is a tremendous avenue for healing. But first, I am curious what measures you've taken regarding the possibility that you are gluten-intolerant or have celiac.

Healing thoughts for you,

lisa

Archived