Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi. I am looking for a mayonnaise that has no soy, vinegar (except for apple cider vinegar), gluten and all sugar (except stevia) including things like agave nectar, evaporated cane juice, etc. Anyone no of anything like that? I am a little freakish about making mayo. myself bc it would consist of raw eggs. If not does anyone know of a different way to make tuna and chicken salad? Thank so much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I make my own! VERY SIMPLE. Lasts about a week or two! B)

Basic Aioli|Mayonnaise

It's a great base you can add anything to it!

1 1/4 cups Olive Oil

3 TB Lemon Juice

1 organic egg

1/4 tsp Salt

pinch dry mustard powder

*make sure your ingredients are at room temp or you won't get good emulsion

In a blender or food processor add egg, salt, mustard and 1/4 cup olive oil, blend for 60 seconds.

While blender is running, add 1/2 cup more olive oil, alternate to lemon juice, then back to the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until creamy and thick.

Things I like to add: Tarragon, Dill, Garlic, Roasted Garlic, Chipotle, (I use the powder since it has no vinegar), Cayenne, Curry Powder, Wasabi . Chili-Lime (I use Lime juice instead of Lemon)

Go crazy!!! I keep different flavors in different condiment squeezy bottles in the fridge. I use dill a lot and wasabi too! I mix it with fresh valencia orange juice and poppyseeds and make a dressing for coleslaw :)

Love Love :)

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Good luck on finding one without sugars---- I used Duke's because it was sugar free----

then switched to Hain's safflower mayo because it was SOY free---- but they have honey and cane juice in it. And frankly Duke's tasted a lot better than theirs.

I sent them (Hain) an email telling them that I was pleased their mayo is SOY free--- but couldn't they please leave out the sugar and salt ! !

I'm sure they will rush right out and fix this problem for me. :lol:

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford