Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lainey

Should I Eat gluten-free While Preg. Im Not Celiac But Youngest Is

I just found out that I am preg. my daughter has celiac and was wondering if I should eat gluten-free while preg. Anyone know anything about this? I am not celiac nor is my husband. We are not sure where she got it from. No one in the family has it. So I was wondering if I should eat gluten-free.

We just found out last year about my daughter, she is now 2 1/2yrs.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have 3 other children from a previous marriage that are not celiac.

Thanks!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just found out that I am preg. my daughter has celiac and was wondering if I should eat gluten-free while preg. Anyone know anything about this? I am not celiac nor is my husband. We are not sure where she got it from. No one in the family has it. So I was wondering if I should eat gluten-free.

We just found out last year about my daughter, she is now 2 1/2yrs.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have 3 other children from a previous marriage that are not celiac.

Thanks!!

if you're not celiac, then your body will process all of the gluten, and you don't have to worry about your little one. The only way that it could hurt the baby if it does have celiac is for the baby to ingest it, which it can't do anyway. :) So relax, and enjoy that food!

LOL! I'm pregnant and wondering the same thing!

2 babies (not diagnosed, but confirmation in response to diet changes) (ages 4 and 2) are gluten intolerant and/or celiac and I'm pregnant with Baby #3. We've all be gluten-free (minus husband) for 3 months, and after the episodes we had with our youngest getting sick, I don't think I'm going to go back on gluten after his next baby is born - just in case he/she does have the same probs. For us, it's not worth watching the possible weight loss etc issues. The gluten does travel through breastmilk, so if you want gluten, you better fill up now before baby is born if you plan to breastfeed. :)