Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theceliachusband

Bulk Xanthan Gum In Canada

So. Xanthan is a great little helper when baking gluten free.

The fun stops if you do the math. As my wife bakes a lot, we figured out that Xanthan sets her back around 60.00/kg.

Any info as to where you buy it and for how much?

Thanks

H.Peter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The extremely small amounts we use makes it last a long time. I would never buy bulk (because it's often not very sanitary, plus extreme possibility of cross contamination) but most stores will purchase you a case in their order, which often saves money.

Gluten-free, Vegan

The extremely small amounts we use makes it last a long time. I would never buy bulk (because it's often not very sanitary, plus extreme possibility of cross contamination) but most stores will purchase you a case in their order, which often saves money.

I got a HUGE container at my local health food store. It's EnerG brand and says its 227 g. considering most recipes only call for a small amount, I figure it should last a good long time.

Sue

positive Biopsy diagnosis May 2008

allergic to strawberries and grapes

Mom to peanut allergy kid.

I got a HUGE container at my local health food store. It's EnerG brand and says its 227 g. considering most recipes only call for a small amount, I figure it should last a good long time.

My wife now bakes gluten free commercially, so we realy needed a HUGE container......we had to order 25KG of that gum to get a comercially viable price.