Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've tried it, and it's really not too bad. It's got the hop-y beer taste I miss, but it's very light. Dark beer was always my favorite. If you like light beer, or can just get excited about the idea of having beer again, then Bard's is awesome.

I'm leaving for England tomorrow to try FIVE gluten free beers from three breweries. Three of the beers are from Green's, one from Hambletons and one from a beer club. I'll report back when I get an opportunity.

I am now in England and am enjoying beer as I post this. Three brands are availalbe here via mail order and one is available in the grocery in Sainsbury's. I'll post more later when I can settle down and write something more objective.

I' ve ordered beer online from a brewery in New York state. It's called Ramapo Valley Brewery. It's pretty good. I'm or I was a light beer drinker before being diagnosed. Here is the description it gives on its website about the beer -

RVB Gluten-Free Beer

This innovative brew is made with neither barley, nor wheat. The main fermentable is amber honey with molasses for flavor, nutrients and color. Noble hops add a touch of bitterness to balance the honey sweetness.

Bright golden in color, the flavor naturally has notes of honey and hop. Although this brew is of particular interest for people with Celiac

Please see Supp re gluten-free beer (UK & elsewhere):

http://coeliac.info/suppboard/viewtopic.php?t=112

Also put 'beer' in search box on there for more information.

I'm leaving for England tomorrow to try FIVE gluten free beers from three breweries.  Three of the beers are from Green's, one from Hambletons and one from a beer club.  I'll report back when I get an opportunity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a case at my house right now. It is pretty good... Def more expensive then regular...