This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Thymus Gland Relation To Celiac Disease?

BRCoats

BRCoats Enthusiast

I have recently read articles stating that the thymus gland may be involved in celiac disease. I also read that when undergoing open heart surgery, the thymus is often removed. This shocked me because I had open heart surgery when I was 17, shortly followed by gut issues. If anyone has any GOOD info on the thymus, what it does, etc., I would be really grateful if you would lead me to it. I will eventually have to call and get my med. records to find out if I even have a thymus. Until I get those, I'd like to read up on it as much as possible.

Thanks for any help you could offer,

Brenda

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

red345 Apprentice

Good comments, Brenda.It's amazing when you take a look at the body's organs and glands. In the head, we have the Hypothalmus surrounding and essentially in control of the Pituatory, the chief player in endocrine function/balance. Than, on the sides of the body we find the kidneys, with an adrenal gland sitting atop each of the kidneys. The stresses we think about (Pituatory) are essentially "Played out" on the body by the adrenal glands. What I have always found quite interesting is the fact that the basic structure of the Hypothalmus/Pituatory pair physically appear quite similar to the stucture of the adrenals and kidneys. In both cases, we essentially find two "Things" attached to one another. In the case of the adrenals and kidneys, we have a gland sitting on top of an organ. Even though the Hypothalmus is believed to be a gland, moreless, you might as well call it an organ, being it is essentially part of the brain tissue.

But than when you move to the middle of the chest, we find the heart, and we know what that does, along with a tiny, tiny little gland that medicine largely ignores, though may just be the most important part of the body in its entirity, that being the Thymus. It, afterall, IS the glandular portion of your immune system, though 70% of one's immune system essentiallly is your villi/mucous layer in the small intestine.

Now I see that a few of our docs have finally made the association between Celiac & the basic principles involved with a condition know as Myasthis Gravis, an autoimmune condition that I addressed at length a few months ago, one that moreless involves the thymus. It may take them another year, but the day will come when they recognize some of the fundamentals of Mastocystosis with this, too, another condition that indirectly correlates back to the Thymus, in a way that many docs probably cannot see, unfortunately. Let's just say all of those people that have been experiencing Shingles, that's not Shingles, that's a skin condition largely correlating with the release of Histadine into the esophagus and stomach, something that may only occur due to an infection.

Along with the bone marrow, the thymus gland produces all of those neat little immune markers that all of you may be tested for from time to time, so like you say, Brenda, why on earth any doctor would ever dream of removing this gland is beyond comprehension, 100%. The true mark of an undereducated madman, as far as I'm concerned.

The fact that this gland and the heart lie right next to one another is pretty powerful, when you come to think about it. Heart=circulatory system, the thymus gland=immunity. The major action seems to be right in that area, doesn't it.

But readers beware-don't get yourself caught up in the medical terminology. I fell for that for some three months or more, memorized them all. Back in October or November, I spent a solid week examining Myasthis Gravis. But once I reached the end, I realized that the condition wasn't telling me anything. I came to realize that there is no way that a condition like Myasthis Gravis could ever exist without there being an infection or overwhelmning stress present in the body. Those with Celiac must always remember that there is no such thing as Myasthis Gravis, or Lupus, or Sjogren's, etc. These are merely assigned titles to generic conditions that do not exist.

Medical doctors go through 12 years or more of school, and they are trained in a certain way-One that is quite comprehensive, but one that is highly based on generic application, generic terminology.

Yet, if the person w/ Celiac is to ignore these assigned titles, and come to the understanding that they do not exist in the absence of infection, they will not become sidetracked like I was for a couple of months.

The best "Book" that anybody could ever, ever read when it comes educating you about what is wrong with your body and what you must do to heal it, I would suggest that you purchase a 45 page paperbook entitled "Leaky Gut Syndrome." Throw away the Merck's, in other words, and go buy a used copy of this one on Amazon for $1. You will learn more about what is wrong with you than what a 1000 page medical text could ever tell you, trust me.

Archived