Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momof2

Spelt Pretzels

I have been on the lookout for a gluten free pretzel that I do not have to buy online. At our local Co-op, they say they DO carry gluten free pretzels, they are "Vita Spelt" and also they have spelt pretzels from Newman's. So, is spelt gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No, no, no, no, no!!!:wacko:

Can't put it more clear then that....Spelt is a definate no no. Some health food store employees tried to tell me it was safe(when I first started the gluten-free diet) thankfully I knew better and had to inform them. I would print out the forbidden foods list from celiac.com and I can provide you the link if you would like one but it is a good guideline to follow on what you can and can't have.

One of my mom's friends recommended spelt bread <_<

Oh yeah, the forbidden list:

https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodi...-28105490765.95

O boy she recommended spelt bread <_< ...my grandma recommended rye bread a few weeks ago <_<:lol:

Thanks for putting the link to that list celiac3270 :D I couldn't get the link at the time I posted.

If you are looking for a good gluten-free pretzel I really enjoy the Ener-G ones. They sell them at "Stop & Shop" and also "Wild by Nature". Those are the stores around me which carry them, but I cant seem to find them in a big bag, only the snack size ones. But they taste really great. :)

Yeah Ener-G ones are so delicious...they need to come in bigger bags. Glutano also makes pretzels(in bigger bags) that are pretty good but not as good as Ener-G.

I am glad you guys are here! I will call back the co op and let them know that their spelt pretzels are not good enough for my girl! She tried the Ener-g ones when we were on vacation in San Diego. I found them at "Sprouts." She ate them up so fast, and since then, I have searched everywhere for them. We don't have those 2 stores that you mentioned above, so I may have to order them online!

Thanks for the replies!