This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Disapointed With My Body....

puggirl

puggirl Apprentice

Hi everyone, its been awhile since I've posted... I just feel like i need to vent, my body has always dissapointed me ever since I was a kid. I'd always be sick, always have a stomach ache, rarely have a "good" night to relaxe and enjoy life with out being naucious or gassy, or pooping... And im sure everyone one around me is tired of hearing that I have ANOTHER stomach ache... I just can seem to eat anything that doesnt make me sick. Tonight I ate Chicken and Baked potato with a little bit of salad and g.f. ranch. That would be just fine, and then what happens?... 10 min after I eat I get this weird taste in my mouth and my stomach starts to feel funny. So I get a piece of gum cuz that helps me relaxe and its helping a little bit, and then I got really Hot and when I get hot that means something... So Im outside cooling off with fresh air its helping some... I need to go to the bathroom, I'm sure that will help too. Im so tired of dealing with this, Im getting a colonoscopy in April, So we'll see what the Doc finds if anything, He seems to think I might have Leaky gut syn too or something. When ever I get like this I tell myself Im fine, I've dealt with it before I can do it again, its nothing new, its all my head... I try to trick myself. I dont know, Im sick of being sick at work too... I'd rather just not eat anything and wilt away... I just dont know what to do anymore, nothing I do will work or change anything. The other night i accidently ate a tiny tiny bit of duncan Hines Frosting, and I didnt know it wasnt g.f. but after I looked online it says theres gluten in it. SO I dont know if this is a reaction from that or what. Anyway Sorry its so long just had to get it off my mine... Thanks for reading!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lexi Enthusiast

I felt sad when I read your post. I can totally relate to what you are saying. I often get really frustrated about all of my health issues as well.I never would have imagined my life this way at 37 years old. My life and health have never been the same since my diagnosis of Celiac Disease. It seems so unfair at times that some of our favorite foods make us so sick. Food seems like the enemy sometimes. It has been a very challenging lifestyle for me to lead. However, we have to look at the bright side. We have to keep experimenting with foods that work for us. I learn about new foods that I can eat on here all the time. People have great ideas and recipes in the food section. It really does get easier. This site is a Great place for ideas and support. Don't feel bad about talking about your problems. We are all right there with you. Hope your test goes well.

wild fisher Rookie
I felt sad when I read your post. I can totally relate to what you are saying. I often get really frustrated about all of my health issues as well.I never would have imagined my life this way at 37 years old. My life and health have never been the same since my diagnosis of Celiac Disease. It seems so unfair at times that some of our favorite foods make us so sick. Food seems like the enemy sometimes. It has been a very challenging lifestyle for me to lead. However, we have to look at the bright side. We have to keep experimenting with foods that work for us. I learn about new foods that I can eat on here all the time. People have great ideas and recipes in the food section. It really does get easier. This site is a Great place for ideas and support. Don't feel bad about talking about your problems. We are all right there with you. Hope your test goes well.

Sorry to hear your feeling so low. Everyone here can relate. I don't know if anyone here experiences this but when i get overly hungry my stomach bloats up like i've been glutened and when i finally eat (gluten-free) my stomach reacts even worse. It always happens just before supper too. To be honest, i don't starve myself. Even tho i feel better when i hardly eat during the day. Anyway, we had plans to go out for a couple of drinks last night, my stomach is hungry so it's huge, we eat and it gets worse. I sat around for about 1/2 hour, thats how long it usually takes my reactions to leave or basically thats when i can fart. I had to dress for my stomach, so i wore a sweater that would cover my stomach and when we left the house i left with my jeans undone. I'm sick of dressing for my stomach!

I think I need to move to Mexico. We were there on vacation and my stomach felt great. It's hasn't felt that good for 10 years! I ate anything i wanted, except the obvious stuff. As soon as i was back home my gluten stomach was back.

Do some investigating, maybe you have other food allergies. Keep a positive outlook because it will get better.

puggirl Apprentice

Thanks for your replies! I with both of you on how you feel sometimes, So far today I feel better. I havent eatten dinner yet so maybe later Ill post again. We'll see...

I'm 27 so hopefully something will change eventually and I wont have to live day by day wondering if im going to get sick, or if I need to go to the bathroom.

The thing is, is that I dont eat alot of crap food, we make our own dinner everynight and my boyfriends really careful with everything, I've just came to the conclusion that I dont think it really matters what i eat, either way Ill have a stomach ache. We'll find out in a few weeks when I get the colonoscopy, in a way i hope he finds something, other side hopes he doesnt. Anyway thanks again!

TES Newbie
Hi everyone, its been awhile since I've posted... I just feel like i need to vent, my body has always dissapointed me ever since I was a kid. I'd always be sick, always have a stomach ache, rarely have a "good" night to relaxe and enjoy life with out being naucious or gassy, or pooping... And im sure everyone one around me is tired of hearing that I have ANOTHER stomach ache... I just can seem to eat anything that doesnt make me sick. Tonight I ate Chicken and Baked potato with a little bit of salad and g.f. ranch. That would be just fine, and then what happens?... 10 min after I eat I get this weird taste in my mouth and my stomach starts to feel funny. So I get a piece of gum cuz that helps me relaxe and its helping a little bit, and then I got really Hot and when I get hot that means something... So Im outside cooling off with fresh air its helping some... I need to go to the bathroom, I'm sure that will help too. Im so tired of dealing with this, Im getting a colonoscopy in April, So we'll see what the Doc finds if anything, He seems to think I might have Leaky gut syn too or something. When ever I get like this I tell myself Im fine, I've dealt with it before I can do it again, its nothing new, its all my head... I try to trick myself. I dont know, Im sick of being sick at work too... I'd rather just not eat anything and wilt away... I just dont know what to do anymore, nothing I do will work or change anything. The other night i accidently ate a tiny tiny bit of duncan Hines Frosting, and I didnt know it wasnt g.f. but after I looked online it says theres gluten in it. SO I dont know if this is a reaction from that or what. Anyway Sorry its so long just had to get it off my mine... Thanks for reading!

What kind of chicken? I have just discovered that frozen chicken (Koger's) makes me sick. I had emailed them about the indregredients before eating, and they told me it was ok, but I think differently now. They freeze it in a broth solution, so it won't stick together when frozen. I think the solution may be the culprit for me, am going to call or email them again!

cat3883 Explorer

I am just like wild fisher. If I let myself get famished I get sick. I get so bloated and then when I eat I get stomach cramps and D. Then I am sick for about 24 hours. It could also be that the chicken you had was injected with broth. Some companies do this to plump up the meat.

puggirl Apprentice

I didnt even think about the chicken being a problem.... Its the safeway brand frozen chicken breast. I'll have to research that. I also sometimes starve myself till I get sick, but only to not get sick, it never works!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

heatherjane Contributor
I didnt even think about the chicken being a problem.... Its the safeway brand frozen chicken breast. I'll have to research that. I also sometimes starve myself till I get sick, but only to not get sick, it never works!

I posted a topic about chicken the other day. I still haven't found any conclusive evidence, but I got people talking about it. :) I want to know too!

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.ph...rt=#entry518117

thleensd Enthusiast
What kind of chicken? I have just discovered that frozen chicken (Koger's) makes me sick. I had emailed them about the indregredients before eating, and they told me it was ok, but I think differently now. They freeze it in a broth solution, so it won't stick together when frozen. I think the solution may be the culprit for me, am going to call or email them again!

I've just been searching the board here for chicken, because I discovered the "frozen chicken tenderloins" I've been eating have the broth coating you're talking about...and I've had a bad health week. They're Ralph's brand (same as Krogers), and the ingredients said, "broth and sodium phosphate". What exactly did they tell you? Did it sound like you were talking to someone that knew what they were talking about? All I could find was that they'll always disclose "wheat" on their website. ...but we know that's not enough info! =/

Maura Newbie

Hi Puggirl,

Sorry you're feeling unwell. I would suggest taking another look at the chicken you are eating. My family uses frozen chicken tenders (because it's cheaper) but I don't eat the same chicken. Every frozen chicken product I have looked at is "enhanced with a broth solution" and I have been suspicious. Upon checking the ingredient list they simply state "chicken broth" with no way to determine if it contains gluten. I usually buy chicken tenders, unfrozen, with no additives for myself. Although meats are generally a single ingeredient type of food I am always wary of poultry. Even turkeys are injected with broth to make them more juicy. I am a huge turkey fan and usually stock up on cheap frozen turkeys at thanksgiving. I have been lucky to find turkeys with "gluten free" on the label. I wouldn't buy a turkey unless it was labelled gluten free. When I was first diagnosed my nutritionist warned me of the poultry injection problem so I have always been careful with my chicken and turkey.

Hopefully this will help. Good luck! M

Archived