This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Support Group To Be Started In Kitsap County

Born2run2

Born2run2 Rookie

Am going to be starting a support group in Kitsap County Washington. We don't have one except for Port Townsend which is in Jefferson County. Anyone interested please email me at j_herman53@msn.com. Thankyou in advance, Judy

• 5 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

smordue Newbie

Hi Judy,

Where are you located in Kitsap County? I live on Bainbridge Island and started an email support group a few months ago. Here is the link: Open Original Shared Link

There are only three of us but I recently met another woman who is about to join. I am very interested in finding others to chat about being celiac. I've been on a gluten-free diet for 8 months now and I'm at the stage where I feel I have no food to eat, I'm bored with what little I can eat and so on. It woudl be nice to get together with other people to at least explore different food options.

warmly,

Selena

mytummyhurts Contributor

I live in Puyallup and I've been looking for a support group. What city do you think you'll meet in?

smordue Newbie

Probably Bremerton or Silverdale. I live on Bainbridge Island but the other two places are more central. Have you considered starting your own group and posting fliers around your area? How close are you to Federal Way? Maybe you could ask at Marlene's Health food store for some connections.

warmly,

Selena

I live in Puyallup and I've been looking for a support group. What city do you think you'll meet in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

burdee Enthusiast

Hi Abby:

I lead the Snohomish County Celiac Support Group. We current meet in a North Seattle location (Lake Forest Park), but previously met in Edmonds. One of our members wants to start a group in the south end of Puget sound, possibly near Valley General Hospital in Renton. I'm not sure how much progress she's made with arranging a location, but you can pm me with your email address which I'll forward on to her or I can just give you her email address.

BURDEE

Generic Apprentice

Abby, I am also interested and I live on the border of Puyallup and Parkland.

• 1 year later...
Pam1230 Newbie

Hi, I just moved to Silverdale and was wondering where I can go to get anything that is gluten free. I'm used to living by a Whole foods, and I did live close enough to shop at Manna Mills in Lynwood. But since I'm new over on this side of the water I have not found anyone selling Kinnikinnick products, or Ener-G or Glutino. Anyone got any advise? :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Hi Pam,

I don't know about premade stuff, but Central Market in Poulsbo has a good selection of gluten-free mixes and bulk flours. They are also really good about labeling salads in the deli. It's just off 305, on the left as you are coming from Silverdale

• 2 weeks later...
sagemoon Newbie
Hi, I just moved to Silverdale and was wondering where I can go to get anything that is gluten free. I'm used to living by a Whole foods, and I did live close enough to shop at Manna Mills in Lynwood. But since I'm new over on this side of the water I have not found anyone selling Kinnikinnick products, or Ener-G or Glutino. Anyone got any advise? :blink:

Hi Pam,

I live right next to Silverdale. Central Market has the widest range of gluten-free and organic and exotic foods in the area, I go there only when I really need something (like snacks for a trip) and don't have the time to order online. They stock all of their gluten-free foods in the same aisles as the non-gluten-free foods, so you just need to go to the general aisle and start looking. Price-wise you are going to pay for it. On a weekly basis, I go to Fred Meyer (Riddell and Waaga Way in East Bremerton). Their gluten-free foods are located in the SUPPLEMENTS aisle (don't ask me why) in the natural foods section of the store. They have a better selection than Safeway for gluten-free stuff, there are cereals and cookies and if you are lucky, pretzels. The Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Maple flakes cereal is real yummy. I have asked Safeway in Silverdale to stock more gluten-free stuff. They do have a nice selection of Organic fresh veggies, though. About once a month I stock up on things like bread crumbs, crackers, cookies, etc. online at Scott's store www.glutenfreemall.com . The only problem I have with it is if I want something like a bagel it only comes frozen and there's a big added fee for frozen stuff. I tried making my own, kind of fun, but not very tasty.....

Archived