Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terribeth07

Test Results- Help!

Ok so I gave in & finally called my dr to see which tests they ran & they said the results came back normal. I don't think they did the full panel. I asked them to send me a copy of the results.

Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgA - 1 unit

Gliadin Peptide AB, IgG - 4 units

Thoughts?

I'm just afraid that because they didn't do the full panel it's was a waste of my time to even have this bloodwork done.

5 years of sickness & several tests.

Abnormal Gallbladder Diagnosis & removal April 2008.

No official diagnosis from Doctor

Negative to Celiac Blood Panel

Self Diagnosing myself with gluten intolerance July 2009 after going gluten free for 4 weeks & then severe nausea after eating gluten for 2 days.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It looks like they ran the AGA IgA and AGA IgG, but not the one or both of the more specific tests - tTG IgA or EMA IgA, nor did they run the total IgA to test for IgA deficiency.

What are the reference ranges for the two tests they did run?

Thanks for your help!

The Reference they show are:

19 Units or less: Negative

20-30 Units: Weak Positive

31 Units or greater: Positive

Since they didn't do the full panel, does this really tell me anything?

Self Diagnosing myself with gluten intolerance July 2009 after going gluten free for 4 weeks & then severe nausea after eating gluten for 2 days.

Well, it does tell you that you are not producing AGA IgA or IgG antibodies.

Without the total IgA test though, you won't know if any of the IgA tests are false negatives.

There is always *some* value in all tests - not one test is the perfect screen for Celiac.

Does this tell you enough to rule in or out Celiac? Probably not.

Thanks again for your help! This is just so frusterating especially since I thought I might get some results but then he didn't even do the entire test. I have an appointment with my GI doctor on Wednesday so I guess I will discuss all with him & see what he thinks. I have just been trying to rush everything because my health insurance is sky rocketing June 1st so I'm trying to get everything in before then because I won't be able to afford to go to the doctor after that.

Is there someone I can find a list of all the food to avoid if I'm going to try a gluten-free diet? I know obviously no bread, pasta, anything wheat, but I know there's a lot of other stuff that has gluten in it.

Thanks again for your help! This is just so frusterating especially since I thought I might get some results but then he didn't even do the entire test. I have an appointment with my GI doctor on Wednesday so I guess I will discuss all with him & see what he thinks. I have just been trying to rush everything because my health insurance is sky rocketing June 1st so I'm trying to get everything in before then because I won't be able to afford to go to the doctor after that.

Is there someone I can find a list of all the food to avoid if I'm going to try a gluten-free diet? I know obviously no bread, pasta, anything wheat, but I know there's a lot of other stuff that has gluten in it.

Check out the home page here you should be able to find some info. If you are going to do a trial of the diet the easiest and safest way to start is with whole unprocessed foods. Plain meats, veggies, fruit, eggs and rice. You need to avoid wheat, rye, barley and oats. Some of us do tolerate oats but it is hard to find them uncontaminated and is best to leave them out at first. Many also need to avoid dairy until we heal a bit as the same area that is damaged by celiac also produces the enzyme we need to digest dairy. You also need to avoid sharing things like toasters and condiments and pnut better or stuff that others have dipped gluteny knives and stuff into.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)