wikipedia

When They Test You For Celiac..

Rate this topic

do they put something up your butt??? because i am ok with swallowing something like a tube or whatever, or being cut open but i am not ok with that

Heh, wow.

If they do a diagnostic endoscopy they will do a colonoscopy as well to check for other damage and possible problems. So yes. You aren't even awake and won't remember a thing, though, so it's not a big deal.

I would think that the answer to that would be a decision your doctor will make considering your overall health and what else they need to look at. The test for celiac only involves the endoscopy.

I've had two and one time they also did the colonoscopy. I asked about doing both at the same time to get only one session with the prep and recovery, missed time from work, etc.

When I had mine done, they wanted to check out my colon health (I'm 27, so it wasn't time for my baseline test or anything) because, apparently, celiacs can have a lot of other problems and they also wanted to look for other issues in case it wasn't celiac (even though my blood tests were positive). You and your doctor will have to figure that out.