Lisa79

Anxiety And Celiac

Rate this topic

What medication or alternative treatments have you used for Major anxiety. I have just started pristiq although already got major constipation, for the first time since going gluten-free. I suffered major constipation prior to diagnoses, I have looked up most meds for anxiety and they all seem to have a side effect of constipation.

Magnesium. In the book "The Magnesium Miracle" it lays out very convincing evidence that anxiety can be caused by magnesium deficiency. Plus, magnesium will help counter-act the constipation from your medicine.

Thanks, I will definately give that a go.

After going gluten free I have noticed a significant change in my moods. My anxiety, wild mood swings, depression, mania and mild ocd tendencies have all resolved.

I have also read that magnesium helps with relieving anxiety symptoms.

I am glad to stumble on this thread. I have had problems with anxiety for the last several months and I hope that the magnesium and calcium supplement I take will help. And it is good to hear that the gluten-free diet helps as well. Right now i think I am having withdrawals from dairy so I have been having a big more anxiety right now. I have been gluten-free for 3 1/2 weeks and dairy free for a few days. I hope I will see a difference because I hate anxiety.

Vitamin B deficiencies can also cause anxiety.

Exercising should also help a lot too.