Ms27

Still So Sick...

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free from about 3 months now. Amazed at how great I feel! All of my symptoms had subsided. This week though, I feel terrible. The only way I think I will ever feel better is if I just don't eat for a few days.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what is "safe" easy on your stomach to eat when not feeling well? I don't think I was glutened. I have prepared all my meals at home. Any suggestions would be helpful. What do you eat when your not feeling well?

I like cream of buckwheat cereal made with some cinnamon and a bit of sugar or Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles in a chicken broth and fresh fruit or applesauce for a snack.

I hope you feel better soon.

I have been gluten free from about 3 months now. Amazed at how great I feel! All of my symptoms had subsided. This week though, I feel terrible. The only way I think I will ever feel better is if I just don't eat for a few days.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what is "safe" easy on your stomach to eat when not feeling well? I don't think I was glutened. I have prepared all my meals at home. Any suggestions would be helpful. What do you eat when your not feeling well?

Well, not eating isn't an option, as that won't help but only hurt. The probability is that you have another sensitivity. Your best move is probably to try identifying what that might be. For a lot of us, it's dairy, so you might want to try eliminating dairy (assuming you haven't already) and see if that leads to further improvement. Or you can go over what you ate in the past few days and see if there might be another trigger.

I'm sorry I don't have any specific suggestions. I guess what I'm mainly saying is that you'll probably feel better fastest if you feel you're taking action towards finding a solution. I hope this is the case for you and that you find your answer soon. Best of luck.

Try going back to the basics - for me, that would be organic chicken or beef broth with Glutino rice crackers. Maybe add a couple of eggs into the broth - if you tolerate eggs. I can have cheese too, so I'll have some cheese on those days & just try to keep it simple, like that and then add back other foods one at a time that you deem safe & see how you feel.

GL- Jana

I like really bland foods - mashed potatoes, bananas,ect. But, I am desparate to gain weight, so even sick as a dog, you will see me shoveling it in!

Thank you very much for the helpful suggestions I really appreciate it. I guess I just associate all food with making me sick and not eating just feels better. I will start back with the basics and keep better track of what I am eating. I not have attempted to try dairy. I think I will wait a few more months.

Thanks so much!