Jeanniebug

I'm Just Frustrated

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards but been lurking for awhile. I got the official diagnosis recently. I had already started eliminating products that contain gluten. I'm so frustrated this week! I got cc'd at a Bonefish grill. The salad..chef's error even though the waitress advised gluten-free several times..the manager caught the mistake after I'd already eaten the salad, the chef tossed it in a contaminated bowl. Then figured out some of my favorite products are not ok. :( Cetaphil told me on the phone today their soaps DO contain gluten. It's been an expensive journey so far, and confusing. So I'm sort of venting tonight, but I have a couple of questions as well.

This Delphi list....the most recent I saw was updated in 2008. I only found it through a link in a post. How do I access the most current list? Is there a link on this site?

Also, I'm having a really hard time with body lotions. I can't use Burt's Bees, they are too strong-smelling for me. Lubriderm doesn't hydrate my skin well. I've been using Curel fragrance-free for now. Does anyone have suggestions for a mainstream body lotion that I could find at a common store like Walgreen's, Kroger, Publix etc.? The Neutrogena Body Moisture contains oatmeal. :( I'm super sensitive to gluten so any suggestions for a truly gluten-free body lotion will be sooooo appreciated! (I called Kiss My Face and they gave the usual disclaimer)

Thanks!! :)

It is frustrating at first. As to the lotion, Suave and Dove will clearly label gluten containing ingredients. The Giovanni line also has some a lot of gluten-free products if you prefer organic. Garneir also has a lot of gluten free products although I haven't checked their lotions. I use their shampoos and conditioners as they are also soy free (I am allergic to soy).

I can't use Burt's Bees, they are too strong-smelling for me. I've been using Curel fragrance-free for now.

Hello Jeanniebug,

I've read on this site and a couple others that sensitivity to scents can be caused by vitamin D deficiency. I tried it and it seems to be helping. I haven't had to walk away from a customer wearing perfume at all this summer.

Hope this helps, RA

This makes sense...because my bloodwork just came back and I'm low in B-12 as well as vitamin D. Strong scents drive me nuts!

Thank you so much for the lotion recommendations, I will check them out!

Can I access the most recent Delphi list on this site? What is this list and who maintains it?

Thank you!!